WSP is currently seeking an Electrical Design Technologist to join our Electrical Buildings team, located at our Victoria office.
WSP's electrical engineering team in Victoria engages in various projects in the commercial, industrial, healthcare, educational, light industrial and transportation sectors in BC and the Yukon. Reporting to an electrical Project Manager, this position will be responsible for preparing electrical designs and documentation including modelling, drafting and calculations, construction reviews and administration.
A day in the life:
- You'll be using your expertise to design electrical systems for a wide variety of building types and locations throughout BC and the Yukon (having your PSPC Reliability clearance would be a huge asset!).
- You will be contributing to a design team of electrical engineers and technicians, focused on technical solutions, developing the electrical design, communicating with the client and other design professionals, and preparing project drawings and specifications.
- You will be working on the design of power distribution (normal and backup power), infrastructure, lighting, fire alarm, data and security systems for buildings in the health care and institutional/commercial sectors.
- You'll be developing the electrical building information model in collaboration with the architectural, structural and mechanical designers.
- You'll be ensuring the electrical design complies with the BC Building Code, the Canadian Electrical Code, and other codes as required.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Electrical Engineering Technology Diploma or Certificate.
- Eligibility for registration with ASTTBC.
- Up to 5 years of experience in electrical engineering consulting for buildings and infrastructure.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- A "can do" attitude, courteous communication, an organized approach to workplace tasks and responsibilities, attention to detail, ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to participate in a team to deliver design submissions, often with demanding timelines
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoDesk Revit and AutoCAD. Proficiency with AGI or ETAP is considered an asset.
- Understanding of building construction and building electrical systems.
- Understanding and practicing safe work procedures.
- Reporting directly to a Project Manager, working in a team environment.
- Taking responsibility for a variety of project assignments in various phases of project development and implementation.
- Communicating effectively with the design team, clients, design professionals, contractors and authorities having jurisdiction.
- Reliably and promptly responding and attending to clients' needs.
- Following established quality assurance and quality control processes.
- Understanding and adhering to project budgets and timelines.
- Preparing system calculations utilizing industry standard lighting analysis software.
- Preparing project drawings utilizing industry standard CAD and BIM software.
- Selecting equipment and preparing project specifications.
- Reviewing project construction progress and managing construction phase administrative tasks.
Expected Salary (all locations): $ 53,900 - $ 91,700
WSP Canada is providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
Maintenance and Technicians