Reference ID: 712092
Job location: 510 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, V6B 0M3
Are you interested in the process that generates prices for hundreds of millions of products globally? Would you like to influence those prices to affect the lives of millions of Amazon users? Amazon's Pricing organization needs an experienced economist to join an R&D team that sets the price for products sold by Amazon. This team models, tests, and owns end-to-end business problems directly affecting the profitability of the company and improving value to our customers. The output of this team has a big impact on how Amazon conducts business, and on the bottom line.
Pricing economists apply the frontier of economic thinking to pricing, forecasting, program evaluation, and opportunity quantification. You will build elasticity, demand and other economic models using our world class data systems and will apply economic theory to solve business problems in a fast moving environment. Pricing economists at Amazon are expected to develop new techniques to process large data sets, address quantitative problems, and contribute to design of automated systems performing billions of price evaluations per day. Pricing is creating a new R&D arm in this space offering you the opportunity to directly influence new programs from their inception.
The successful candidate for this position will 1) rigorously apply state-of-the-art methods in their field to existing predictive, analytic, and modeling efforts already underway (2) identify new and promising strategy improvements through modeling and testing of novel approaches (3) connect with other economists, research scientists, and business leaders throughout Amazon to ensure Pricing innovations benefit and are benefitted by progress across the company.
• Bring innovative ideas grounded in best practices in your field to bear on a variety of problems in Pricing.
• Influence Pricing strategy and direction by providing subject matter expertise in modeling and testing of end-to-end systems.
• Recommend mechanisms for evaluating, measuring, and validating the strategies and models you develop.
• Make recommendations for adjustments to increase strategy and system value based on model refinements.
• Identify areas for continuous improvement and research.
Salary Range: $88,800 to 148,300/yr, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units. While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include:
• Health Care
• Savings Plans
• Income Protection
• Paid Time Off
• Signing Bonuses
• Employee Stock
• PhD in Economics
• Two or more years of experience in a postdoctoral position; or two or more years of experience in consulting, government or academic research
All applicants must meet the qualifications above.
Posted: January 19, 2019
Closes: March 20, 2019