** Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for this position **
Are you someone who has a real passion for helping others? Are you a registered ECG Technician looking to highlight your knowledge, skills, and abilities in a new and dynamic environment? We currently have an exciting opportunity for you to bring your excellent work ethic to our Diagnostic Imaging department.
Reporting to the Accessioning Charge Technologist, performs ECG's and scans Holter Monitor recordings.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Week 1 Mon-Tues, Week 2 Mon-Tue-Wed, Days - 08:00 to 16:00University Hospital of Northern BC (UHNBC)
is the largest acute care facility (268 beds) in Northern Health and is the hub for specialized health services. It is a full service hospital and home to a new cancer centre for Northern BC, including a wide range of cancer treatments. Provides undergraduate physician training through the Northern Medical Program, run by the University of British Columbia and University of Northern British Columbia. UHNBC is also a key clinical education site for nursing and many health sciences students at UNBC, the College of New Caledonia, BCIT and other institutions.Prince George
has a population of 89,490 (2021) local residents and is a service centre for approximately 320,000. Prince George has all of the amenities of a larger city mixed with the charm and friendliness of a smaller town. Check out Prince George for more information on what this community has to offer.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial support for moving expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" offered through the Federal and BC Government Qualifications
• Graduation from a recognized program in ECG Technology plus,
• One (1) year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current registration with Canadian Society of Cardiology Technicians. Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
Information Technology Other