Life is short. Work somewhere awesome.Disability Management Institute (DMI)
offers small and medium sized employers flexible innovative solutions to their disability management needs. Our specialties include: WCB/WSIB Claims Management, Self-Funded Sick Leave Adjudication, and Non Occupational Absence Management, Return to Work Planning and Disability Management. Ranging in size from 5-2500 employees our clients span the public and private sectors and cover a wide range of industries.
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill anEarly Intervention Specialist
position in our head officelocated inSurrey, BC
The Early Intervention Specialist works with employees, employers, treatment providers and insurance carriers to facilitate a safe and sustainable environmentfor employees on medical leave. Theydevelop strategies to proactively address files and to provide clients with options, as well as return to work timelines. Additionally,they are also responsible for following up with carriers on a regular basis to ensure that claims are running smoothly and service timelines are being met.Outcomes
Within 30 Days
- Complete a full and thorough employee initial call and assess whether a file meets criteria for escalation
- Complete a full and thorough employer initial call
- Have a full understanding of confidentiality as it relates to the employer, and be able to provide employer updates that provide the required level of information and detail
- Possess a full understanding of all DMI additional services and identify files that meet criteria for referral
- Be able to complete and maintain a case management plan appropriate to the file's level of complexity
- Create, implement and monitor a RTW plan of less than 8 weeks duration
- Effectively manage a full caseload of files
In addition to joining a team that is focused on delivering a WOW factor daily, yourKey Responsibilities
- Review new files upon receipt. Perform initial interviews with employees and employers to gather relevant claim information and develop a plan of action moving forward
- Requests and reviews updated medical information to gather a more extensive understanding of the nature of the client's disability, any ongoing functional limitations or restrictions, and prognosis for return to work
- Create and maintain a comprehensive file management plan for each assigned file that focuses on promoting recovery and return to work
- Follows up with employees on disability leave on a regular basis to monitor recovery and explore options for return to work. Provides external resources where appropriate.
- Regularly updates employers on employee's progress. Seeks information regarding job duties and demands and any return to work options. Provides recommendations and advice to employers regarding return to work.
- Regularly reviews active cases to determine whether they meet the criteria to be referred for any external interventions that would improve outcomes and provide a positive return on investment.
- When return to work is appropriate works with the employee, employer, treatment team, and carrier to develop a safe and sustainable plan. Monitors progress of plan through completion. Seeks assistance from other staff members when required.
- Keeps full and complete notes of all file interactions and completes all required fields within proprietary database system.
- Determines if/when disability application paperwork needs to be provided to a client. Ensures that the appropriate paperwork is sent and followed up on. Reviews paperwork to identify any issues that may impact claim.
- Responds to all emails and voicemails received from clients within company SLA's.
- Prepares standard and non-standard letters for clients in response to specific requests or in accordance with file management procedures.
Education & Experience
- Post-secondary education in human resources, psychology, social work or a related discipline an asset
- Previous experience with employee benefits, return to work planning or working in a call centre environment
- Excellent Communicator
- Good problem solving skills
- Exceptional client service abilities
In addition to becoming part of a creative, challenging, and stimulating work environment, we also offer:
- a competitive salary
- an excellent benefits plan
- flex time
- education assistance
- participation in our Happy Friday program
- access to our Group RRSP plan
We thank everyone who applies to the Early Intervention Specialist role; however, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact candidates who have been selected for an interview.
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill aEarly Intervention Specialist
position in our head officelocated inSurrey, BC
The Early Intervention Specialist works with employees, employers, treatment providers and insurance carriers to facilitate a safe and sustainable environmentfor employees on medical leave. They develop strategies to proactively address files and to provide clients with options as well as return to work timelines. Additionally,they are also responsible for following up with carriers on a regular basis to ensure that claims are running smoothly and service timelines are being met.