October 21, 2021
Reporting to the Drill and Blast Engineer, the Drill and Blast Technician is responsible for working closely with the Engineering Team and Mine Operations to support safe and efficient drill and blast planning and execution. Specifically, this role includes drill pattern design, tie in designs, explosives loading instructions, and drill and blast optimization. This role follows a 4x4-day shift schedule.
To be successful we are looking for someone with the ability to multitask, stay organized, and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Someone who is self-motivated, has strong problem-solving skills, and is detail oriented, with a passion for continuous improvement. This role requires a high level of integrity and an ability know your audience; communication and interpersonal skills are vital.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Come experience what work life balance is all about! Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Develop blast drawings such as drill maps, tie-ins, and clearance maps
- Manage the safety aspects of drilling and blasting, including establishing blast evacuation zones, misfire management, design, and file management
- Support and provide recommendations to the short-range drill and blast mine plan
- Manage applications utilized by the department such as drones and blast vibration analysis
- Contribute to drill and blast optimization initiatives including RACE21™ projects
- Coordinate and execute the blast plan between the blast crew and short -range plan team
- Conduct field checks including pattern walkdowns, quality control checks and safety observations
- Technician certification in mining, survey, civil geotechnical or related field
- Minimum two years' experience working in an industrial environment, mining or geology experience would be an asset
- Strong digital literacy in the Microsoft Office Suite®: Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Proficiency in mining related and engineering design software, such as AutoCAD, MineSight, and Vulcan would be an asset
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources. Job Segment:
Technician, Engineer, Geology, QC, Technology, Engineering, Mining, Quality
Maintenance and Technicians