We're looking for a top-tier Distributed Systems Architect to help us design a distributed system that can support millions - if not billions - of users around the world, that is adaptable to the changing needs and suggestions of the development and end-user communities. You'll play a key role in growing a business through your insights, and you'll help shape the way a revolutionary new technology is introduced to and adopted by new audiences. Every day, you'll collaborate with a world-class team in our Vancouver office.
Every one of us shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision. A little bit about us:
Dapper Labs is the company behind CryptoKitties. Formed in February 2018, Dapper Labs was spun out of Axiom Zen to spread the benefits of decentralization through the power of play, fairness, and true ownership. Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures, Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. CryptoKitties is the world's most popular blockchain application outside of cryptocurrency exchanges.
Dapper team members are humble and curious entrepreneurs, builders, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap its potential to create change in the world. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse crew flourishes in a distributed hierarchy where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else: regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We're all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that's what brings us together.What we'll accomplish together:
Does this describe you?
- Design, develop, and deploy large-scale performant blockchain systems.
- Optimize performance, latency, and availability of blockchain networks and the DApps they support.
- Build systems that manage secure coordination between blockchain nodes around the world.
- Conduct a gap analysis on the current team's skill sets to determine unfulfilled technical roles for building the distributed elements of the product.
- Hire and build a world-class distributed systems team for creating a world-scale distributed network.
- Experience operating large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service projects in demanding environments.
- Experience optimizing performance, latency, and availability in massive distributed environments.
- Demonstrated expertise with secure coordination between systems in different physical locations.
- Experience designing, developing, and deploying large-scale performant distributed systems (eg. CDNs like Cloudflare or Akamai, large-scale distributed databases like Cockroach or Mongo, multi-million user services like Google or Netflix, significant infrastructure-as-a-service providers like Heroku or Compose).