We're looking for a top-tier Distributed Systems Architect to help us design a distributed system that can support millions - if not billions - of users around the world, that is adaptable to the changing needs and suggestions of the development and end-user communities. You'll play a key role in growing a business through your insights, and you'll help shape the way a revolutionary new technology is introduced to and adopted by new audiences. Every day, you'll collaborate with a world-class team in our Vancouver office.
Every one of us shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision. A little bit about us:
Dapper Labs wants everyone, not just industry insiders, to experience the value of blockchain technology. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse team of creators and founders flourish in a distributed hierarchy, where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture and diversity above else, regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for. This unique organizational structure is the same one behind CryptoKitties.
The Dapper team is a group of humble and curious creators, academics, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap into its potential to create change in the world. Your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues, whether you're optimizing our data capture methods or designing a new blockchain game. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We're all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that's what brings us together. Join us in bringing the first billion to the blockchain. What we'll accomplish together:
Does this describe you?
- Design, develop, and deploy large-scale performant blockchain systems.
- Optimize performance, latency, and availability of blockchain networks and the DApps they support.
- Build systems that manage secure coordination between blockchain nodes around the world.
- Conduct a gap analysis on the current team's skill sets to determine unfulfilled technical roles for building the distributed elements of the product.
- Hire and build a world-class distributed systems team for creating a world-scale distributed network.
More about Dapper Labs:
- Experience operating large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service projects in demanding environments.
- Experience optimizing performance, latency, and availability in massive distributed environments.
- Demonstrated expertise with secure coordination between systems in different physical locations.
- Experience designing, developing, and deploying large-scale performant distributed systems (eg. CDNs like Cloudflare or Akamai, large-scale distributed databases like Cockroach or Mongo, multi-million user services like Google or Netflix, significant infrastructure-as-a-service providers like Heroku or Compose).
At Dapper Labs we recruit the best and foster an environment that enables our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
We offer compensation commensurate with the high level of talent we seek, extensive benefits, and flexible time off policy.
Posted: November 17, 2018
Closes: January 16, 2019