17758 Position Type:
Full Time, Permanent City:
Vancouver, BC Location:
Vancouver Head Office Who We Are:
At Canfor, we know wood-based products can build a better world, whether it's a component in your smartphone or skyscrapers built from wood. We founded our entire company on that idea. Because, we know that wood-based products are sustainable and the opportunities to innovative have only just begun.
We know when managed responsibly, the forest is everlasting and Canfor is committed to using virtually 100% of every tree for lumber, pulp, paper, and renewable energy-so nothing goes to waste.
You can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We're especially excited by the innovative ways some of our customers are using our products. We know that the work we all do at Canfor today will shape what the world looks like tomorrow. Whether that means building a house or a skyscraper, using paper instead of plastic or learning something new from a colleague down the hall or around the globe. We know not everyone thinks about their impact on the world but at Canfor, we do. The Opportunity: Canfor
has an exciting opportunity for a Director, Total Rewards
, reporting to the Vice President, People & Communications. The Total Rewards leader will play a vital role in Canfor's future success through a strategic focus on compensation and benefits. The incumbent will be responsible for the continuous development, implementation, communication and maintenance of the Company's total rewards functions including Compensation, Benefits and Recognition. As a key member of the HR leadership team, this person will demonstrate outstanding HR, financial, and business acumen. The Role:
As the chief architect of our Total Rewards strategy, the successful candidate will work closely with the HR Leaders across Canfor and will be well versed in how to drive the performance of the business using competitive positioning, employment branding, and creative reward approaches. Key Responsibilities:
- Define, develop and implement strategic Compensation and Benefits initiatives that align with the Company brand, vision, culture and strategic plans.
- Lead a talented and dedicated team of compensation and benefits specialists.
- Pro-actively research, analyze and assess market data, incorporating industry trends and best practices into the Total Rewards strategy to ensure that they align with business strategy and cost competitiveness goals.
- Ensure that rewards programs optimize the organization's ability to attract and retain top talent.
- Responsible for ensuring compensation plans comply with country, state/provincial and local laws and regulations.
- Partner with finance and legal team on SEC filing related matters and all other regulatory reporting.
- Oversee Company recognition programs.
- Design, implement and routinely assess competitive position relative to market, and ensure program compliance on a local, state/provincial and federal basis.
- Develop programs to encourage a focus on healthy lifestyles, control costs and outcomes, and support the company values.
- Partner with and actively manage benefit plan vendors and consultants.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on leader with deep business acumen, strategic insight, sound judgment and in-depth experience in global compensation and benefits. The successful candidate will thrive on new challenges, be forward thinking and will be well-known for their focus on delivering results that drive business success. Key Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in HR, Mathematics, Business Admin or related area of study. Master's Degree or Compensation/Benefits Certifications preferred.
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience and a proven track record of leading the TR function for a multi-site, multi-country organization.
- Experience as a Compensation and Benefits leader for a publicly-traded company.
- Experience working with a Compensation Committee of a Board as well as external compensation consultants.
- Experience designing company-‐wide compensation and benefits plans and ensuring correlation with the business strategy.
- Experience in M&A integration and project management.
- A strong working understanding of HIPAA, ERISA, IRS and SOX regulations.
- Direct experience working with 401k plans and RPPs along with other retirement related benefits and solutions.
- Experience leading HRIS implementations with special focus on process improvement.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, up to and including C-suite and BOD.
- Strong financial and general business acumen
- Proven track record in designing and implementing total rewards strategy, including the preparation and presentation of Compensation Committee materials.
- Depth of experience working with compensation consultants, and other key third party vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals through influencing, partnering and developing productive relationships with senior leadership and line managers across the business. Be recognized as the "go-to" person for all compensation and benefits issues.
- Self-starter with a proactive and inquisitive nature who can anticipate and preempt problems.
- Superior people leader, team builder and collaborator who navigates well through diverse, rapidly changing work environments.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a rapidly changing organization.
- Excels in the face of high expectations.
Canfor offers a comprehensive, flexible benefits package that allows you to customize your benefits to meet your individual needs, and includes health and dental coverage as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition to this, we offer pension and other benefits.Grow with us
At Canfor, we understand that our strength comes from our skilled and dedicated employees and we work hard to support their ongoing professional development. We offer a number of training programs and development opportunities to support each of our employees in their pursuit of career advancement and growth. Whether you want to develop upon your skills or advance your career with Canfor, we offer a promote-from-within culture that will give you these opportunities.Canfor Values
At Canfor, our values are at the core of everything we do. Safety comes first, and we are proud of our unwavering commitment to excellence, and customer satisfaction, which allows us to safely and efficiently deliver quality products to our customers around the globe.
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today. In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company.
- Safety comes first.
- We succeed when our customers succeed.
- We are resilient and resourceful. We always find a way forward.
- We are a good neighbour in our communities and a responsible steward of the environment.
- We demonstrate integrity by doing what we say we are going to do.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
The city of Vancouver is both a natural beauty and a progressive urban centre, a rare place on earth that is idyllic and electric all at once. With one of Canada's mildest climates, Vancouver is ideally suited for those devoted to outdoor pursuits, health and wellness. Along with its endless supply of fresh air and clean water, Vancouver also boasts countless choices for culturally diverse, world-class cuisine and an inventory of arts and entertainment events. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/vancouver Job Segment:
Manager, Social Media, HR, Law, Supply, Management, Marketing, Human Resources, Legal, Operations
Posted: December 15, 2018
Closes: February 13, 2019