Joining the Business Technology team at BCLC means you'll be working with cutting-edge technology to help build a world-class entertainment company. This is an engaged, innovative, capable group of talented individuals working in digital enablement, product delivery services, technology platform enablement, enterprise services, integrity and operations. This enables us to execute the purchase and validation of lottery tickets at over 3500 lottery retailers, manage a complex network of 12,000 slot machines and electronic table games across the province and provide the backbone for BCLC's eGaming platform, and much more.
At our heart, BCLC is a technology company and we are highly reliant on our technology platforms to provide exceptional gambling experiences for our players. Our current strategic priorities including retail transformation and player experience require technology platforms that are ever evolving, flexible, secure and highly available. As the Director, Technology Platform Enablement
Working in an environment supporting tens of thousands of devices, hosting several Petabytes of data, both on prem and in the cloud with an exceptionally high degree of integrity and security across all systems, BCLC is looking for an innovative Director of Technology Platform Enablement to join our team. Technology Platform Enablement provides technology design, implementation, systems health maintenance and support across a broad array of technology and services. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, you will lead the optimization and evolution of our Network, Hosting, Storage, Cloud and Identity Platforms. Who you are
You're someone who lives for innovation. You're open to new ideas, and encourage others to explore different ways of thinking. You know how to leverage the latest technology and partner with technical experts to build great products. You bring modern tools, current research and best practices to everything you do. You balance well your exceptionally high standards around uptime and other operational work as well as the need to evolve systems and look towards the future. You drive your own development and actively support the development of others, and you achieve personal success by the people you inspire and the value you deliver. What you bring to the role
What we are looking for in the role (Minimum Requirements)
- Ability to create strategic roadmaps and to deliver value by empowering the execution of action plans related to network, hosting infrastructure, cloud technology and security enablement.
- Provides strong people leadership and strategic direction to the division by championing BCLC's objectives and values in action. Models leadership behaviours that increases staff engagement, and drives culture and change management initiatives. Ensures future-focused resource planning needs are identified and implemented. Practices meaningful recognition, and coaches, mentors and develops others.
- Ability to leverage automation and move us towards a devops delivery model
- Ensures the delivery of results on all functional initiatives through the development of a responsive organizational structure, resource plan, and leveraging agile principles.
- Responsible for budgets, including operating and capital. Works collaboratively with stakeholders to understand revenue and net income targets to better support the Businesses' technology needs.
- Fosters strong collaborative relationships with all functional areas of BCLC, working effectively across the leadership team within and outside the Business Technology division.
- Champions best practices and recent developments in technology practices and standards particular to network, hosting infrastructure, cloud technology and security enablement.
- Bachelors in , Computer Science, Mathematics, Systems Engineering, Management of Information Systems or Information Technology. An advanced degree would be an asset;
- 8-10 years' in Information Technology, including at least 5 years' experience in a managerial capacity;
- Demonstrated experience of leading large scale change initiatives and innovative mindset
- Proven knowledge in automation, devops, containerization, hyper computing, reimagining networks
- Demonstrated expertise at a leadership level in strategic business planning and resource management.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills, written and verbal communication skills, problem-solving, analytical thinking, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to take a strategic lens to enterprise transformation, identifying opportunities to make strategic shifts, and focusing effort around high-value opportunities.
- Proven experience in managing business operations with experience in resolving issues and identifying, managing and eliminating risk;
- Demonstrated experience in strategic business planning and resource management in a senior leadership capacity;
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills
For over three decades, BCLC has delivered exceptional gambling entertainment for British Columbians with the primary purpose of giving back to the province.
- Operate provincial and national lotteries, Scratch 'n' Win games, Keno, and Pull Tabs, as well as over 3500 lottery retail partners across the province.
- Oversee 37 casino and community gaming centres across the province.
- Provide online gambling options including lottery, casino games, horse racing, sports betting, and other games.
Last fiscal year, prior to the pandemic, we gave over $1.4 billion back to the province to support economic development initiatives, local host government payments, public programs, education and community groups, and more.
To help us achieve this goal, we aim to have the healthiest players in the world by establishing a higher standard of support with evidence-based player health programs.
BCLC is passionate and committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging, reflecting the diverse communities we serve and maximizing the potential of our workplaces and workforce. We're doing innovative work across our entire organization to deliver new and exciting programs and future gambling initiatives every day and are looking for creative and energetic professionals to join us in our Kamloops head office, Vancouver sales & marketing office, or in the field.
Ready to join our team?
A word about job search safety:
BCLC only accepts job applications through our company's webpage. We will never request personal or banking information prior to a signed job offer, nor will we ask for payment at any stage of the recruitment process. If you've encountered something potentially fraudulent, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be at least 19 years of age to work at BCLC.