Absolute is seeking a highly motivated, collaborative Director of Sales Operations. The Director of Sales Operations is a critical link between company strategy and execution of sales force productivity. He or she manages essential functions including planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales policy governance, headcount management, and sales compensation design and implementation. The Director, Sales Operations is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the sales organization including designing, tracking and communicating key metrics. Will work closely with Sales and Executive leadership to develop and optimize go-to-market strategy, processes, systems, and infrastructure that boost Sales productivity and efficiency, enabling Absolute to accelerate revenue growth.
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the Director fosters close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the sales organization's efficient operation and success.
The ideal candidate for this role is passionate about field success and has helped grow revenue through leading Sales Operations at a rapidly expanding enterprise software company before. They appreciate the need to bring analysis, creativity and process-efficiency to enable ongoing operational and strategic sales success. They love diving deep into data, but have an ability to see beyond the numbers to structure recommendations and drive sound decision-making. They are a visionary, but practical leader. They have a track record of collaborating with and influencing leaders in other areas of the business.
The location of the role will be in Vancouver, BC or Austin, Texas.Accountabilities Will Include:
What You'll Need:
- Lead a team responsible for sales forecasting, planning, reporting, order processing, compensation design and strategic analysis with expectations of high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency.
- Drive annual planning process across global sales organization, including business modeling, territory planning, compensation design, in close partnership with Finance and other cross-functional leadership.
- Design and implement key metrics to define optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure sales organization success
- Aligns reporting, training, and incentive programs with performance management priorities.
- Provides thought leadership to the sales organization and counsel to the Chief Commercial Officer
- Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the sales organization consistent with other processes at Absolute.
- Responsible for equitably assigning sales force quotas and ensuring Absolute's financial objectives are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources.
- Drive Sales productivity through developing and optimizing processes and systems.
- Deliver core business metrics, reporting and analytics, including pipeline, bookings, lead funnel & churn analysis.
- Provide overall leadership and day to day management of all Sales Operations team members.
- Coordinates with sales leadership to lead efficient and accurate reporting initiatives. Develops new reporting tools as needed.
- Works closely with Accounting, Finance, and HR to establish and oversee the administration of sales compensation program, rules, policies and procedures.
- Will run the quarterly close forecast war-room in Vancouver.
Why Works For Us:
- 4-year business degree, MBA preferred or equivalent experience
- 5+ years' experience working in SaaS model
- 7+ years' experience in sales operations, business planning, or sales support management roles, with 5+ years as a Sales Operations leader in a software company preferred
- Proven ability to lead and scale Sales Operations of significant scope through growth periods
- Experience successfully managing analytically rigorous corporate initiatives.
- Expert proficiency in Salesforce.com
- Deep experience with Business Intelligence (BI) applications (e.g., Qlik, Power BI, or fanatical Excel user)
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement sales processes and infrastructure
- Experience with cross-functional collaboration with Finance, Legal, Marketing, and HR
- Results orientated with strong decision-making skills and the ability to prioritize multiple objectives while meeting aggressive deadlines
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Experience in managing and leading a high performing team
Absolute is the new standard for endpoint visibility and control, delivering self-healing endpoint security, always-connected IT asset management, and continuous data visibility-both on and off the network. Unlike other endpoint security agent solutions that can be corrupted, compromised or deleted, Absolute can self-heal itself and other critical applications through our patented Persistence technology that is embedded in the firmware of over 1 billion endpoints. No other security company can make this claim.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Austin, Texas, Reading, UK and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, we are a collaborative and innovative place to make your mark in the world of security. Our agile, high energy culture rewards top performance and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We celebrate our wins in our large common areas where we hold engineering hackathons, end of quarter celebrations, and monthly socials. We believe in a good work / life balance which is reflected in our annual employee retreat where it's all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com
or visit our YouTube channel
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.
Sales and Marketing