We're looking for Director, Production Operations & Delivery to lead all aspects of site reliability engineering, cloud engineering and operations, build and deploy pipelines, observability, and incident response. You'll be working on furthering our journey towards automation, reliability, and self-service, while maintaining highly available infrastructure platforms used by millions of customers. While based in Hootsuite's Vancouver office, you will report to the VP, Technology . Please note that the role will include a small amount of travel to our global sites in Romania and Italy. What you'll do:
What you'll need:
- Lead and build a team of technical software development and operations/devops engineers.
- Design, scale, and maintain highly available infrastructure platforms used by millions of customers.
- Coordinate and drive product and project road maps for cloud infrastructure and delivery teams
- Lead the implementation and maintenance of industry standard site reliability processes across a development organization - working with teams to set service level objectives and establish indicators and remediation processes
Who you are:
- A proven track record of managing software development and operations/devops teams in medium to large scale SaaS environments
- Thorough familiarity with cloud compute platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience working directly alongside and supporting teams of software developers in a continuous delivery environment
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and how they apply to teams with high levels of interrupt driven work
- An eye towards the future of IaaS/PaaS offerings and a track record migrating legacy applications on to modern platforms
- Experience working with major audit and compliance standards (SOC2, GDPR)
- The ability to coordinate with all areas of an organization as well as external clients around incident response and coordination
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- 10+ years experience in software development and/or SaaS organizations
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results
- Decision Making: consistently chooses the best course of action (from a number of alternatives) to address business problems and/or opportunities
- Influence: Asserts own ideas and persuades others, gaining support and commitment and mobilizing people to take action
- Process/Project Management: skilled at figuring out and managing the processes and timelines necessary to get work accomplished
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects, even in the face of uncertainty
- Leading Inclusive Teams: builds cohesive teams which apply diversity to achieve common goals
- Management: capably delivers results through others, is good at establishing clear direction, helps others achieve their best work
- Strategic Thinking: identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; Builds an integrated plan for course of action to accomplish this vision
- Developing Others: both challenges and supports others to create results but also develop new capabilities. Successfully develops the capacity and capability of team and individuals on the team
Share our values:
- Tenacious . You are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You have strong integrity and stay true to your word.
- Empathetic. You respect and learn from the perspectives of others.
We champion the power of human connection. We're united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success.Make an impact:
Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.Learn and grow:
We're committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other's growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Hootsuite is an inclusive employer. Every effort will be made to provide accommodations requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.