Job Description Summary
The Director, Product Management Pluripotent Stem Cell Biology contributes to STEMCELL's goal of helping scientists advance science by representing the voice of the market and customer values, providing market-driven insights at all stages of the product life cycle. The Director will be responsible for the commercial success of STEMCELL products and services that serve the Pluripotent Stem Cell Biology market. This role will be a champion for the Pluripotent Stem Cell Biology market business unit, creating strategic alignment across product lines (eg. TeSR™, ReproRNA™, STEMdiff™, etc.), departments and geographic regions with the objective of maximizing market growth and achieving STEMCELL's business objectives.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities:Product Portfolio Strategies
Leadership & Management
- Champion and a key contributor to the short- and long-term portfolio roadmap, positioning, vision and priorities.
- Ensure alignment of commercialization plans across the organization to achieve business objectives and goals such as revenue growth, margin improvement and increase market share.
- Oversee and guide the implementation of commercialization plans by the product management team.
- Accountable for complex market opportunities based on market trends and business needs.
- Contribute to identifying, establishing and running strategic relationships with customers and industry opinion leaders.
- Champion the business area, creating strategic alignment within internal stakeholders across multiple divisions and regions.
- Be an expert on the market, competitors and customer needs of the Pluripotent Stem Cell Biology market.
- Able to represent the company at strategic meetings and conferences as a corporate representative and ambassador in the scientific community to promote and maintain the STEMCELL brand, mission and reputation.
- Lead, manage and motivate a team of product managers to align on objectives and priorities to business objectives.
- Communicate status and challenges to upper management and across stakeholders to ensure cohesive integration across the organization.
- Embed and maintain a leadership culture of unified decision-making, communications, organizational resource allocation, complex problem solving and change management across the department.
- Build and maintain a positive, collaborative and supportive workplace culture.
- Ensure staff adhere to all corporate, legal and regulatory compliance obligations, policies and procedures.
- PhD in relevant field of Pluripotent Stem Cell Biology , plus 8+ years of related industry experience.
- Relevant product management experience is preferred.
- Proven people leadership and management skills that inspire individuals and teams to embrace change and continually focus on performance improvement.
- Proven track record of leading multiple cross-departmental projects with quality and impactful results.
- Strategic mindset to design, develop and drive departmental and operational strategies and tactical plans.
- Proven track record of adopting and facilitating change within a high growth environment; a high tolerance for ambiguity is a must.
- Strong business acumen, with a broad organizational perspective to understand the impact of decision.
- Demonstrated strong cross-functional team skills, supporting business units and other departments to meet business goals.
- Thorough knowledge of industry practices and standards; experience driving process improvements and best practices.
- Strong intellectual curiosity, appetite for exploring new and previously unchartered processes, protocols, structures and programs to evolve the department and business unit.
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Administrative Operations and Logistics