You approach HR from both a people and business perspective and have proven experience leading HR teams to their fullest potential, making a difference to an organization's performance and employee experience.
You’re a strong partner and coach to the leadership team in accomplishing business and leadership objectives through thoughtful, intentional and innovative people practices. You energetically take initiative and thrive in situations of ambiguity and leading teams through significant change.
You focus on the priorities that drive results and performance for the company, you respond quickly, are flexible and have experience working in a fast-paced technology company.What You’ll Do
What You’ll Need
- Build strong and effective partnerships, seeking to understand every aspect of the business and drive business results by providing strategic insight on people solutions
- Act as a trusted influencer and advisor on people and organizational initiatives that allow BuildDirect to innovate, scale and grow.
- Design, develop and deliver key programs which may include talent planning, performance management, ERP solutions, recognition programs, total rewards programs, compensation plans, learning and talent development.
- Provide strategic advice on organization structure design, succession planning, hiring, promotions, talent development, employee engagement and culture.
- Coach and influence leaders at all levels of the organization.
- Accountable for leading, coaching and developing an experienced People team.
- Influence decisions and positive change in a demanding and high performing work environment and the ability to develop strong relationships at all levels to gain support and achieve results
- Identify and implement clear and simple strategies to strengthen culture, integrate BuildDirect’s culture and values, develop people and optimize our talent.
- Be a trusted advisor to the leadership team
- Lead an experienced people team developing them to their full potential
- Your ability to both problem solve and encourage people to see things from differing viewpoints makes you a trusted HR leader to stakeholders both internally and externally
What You Must Have
- 10+ years’ experience across multiple HR disciplines including employee relations, compensation, learning & development, talent development, recruitment, employment law.
- A dynamic HR leader with experience developing and executing people strategies in a fast paced environment.
- Creative and able to take on multiple perspectives and provide innovative people solutions.
- Analytical expertise as it relates to People.
- Ability to challenge and be candid while maintaining strong relationships.
- Undergraduate degree in business or related field, HR concentration preferred.
- High level of trust and a commitment to doing what you say you are going to do.
- An obsession for delighting customers.
- A passionate drive to deliver results and constantly raise the bar.
- An entrepreneurial spirit that embraces change and challenges with enthusiasm.
- Ability and desire to be scrappy, move fast and operate effectively in a rapidly changing environment.
- Innate motivation to learn and continuously develop yourself and others.
- Commitment to fearless communication.
Founded in 1999, BuildDirect is the innovative marketplace for purchasing and selling quality home improvement & flooring materials online. BuildDirect co-founders wanted to simplify the home improvement industry and give the power of choice back to the homeowner and home improvement professional. They wanted to provide those seeking to build or improve homes with an online marketplace to access the flooring products they want, at the prices they’d love, delivered on time directly to their doorstep.
And today we do just that.
Servicing North America, BuildDirect connects homeowners and home improvement professionals with sellers around the world, creating a much simpler and trusted shopping experience. The platform offers Pro’s and Homeowners the ability to purchase various volumes of flooring products direct from Sellers. This keeps costs low, often up to half the price found at big box stores or specialty retailers, and provides efficient direct-to-home (or jobsite) shipping of those products. BuildDirect Perks
- Office located in the heart of the growing tech area of downtown Vancouver, with 360-degree views of the city, easy access to public transit, near 100’s of restaurants & bars, and onsite ping pong
- Weekly fresh fruit deliveries and unlimited fresh coffee & tea
- Newly renovated onsite gym, lockers, and bike storage
- Unlimited vacation
- Employee stock options
- Extended health benefits (i.e., naturopath, massage therapy, acupuncture)
- Annual learning benefit
- Regular company-wide & team events
- A culture of talented people, that like to have fun!
Posted: February 19, 2019
Closes: April 20, 2019