At Plenty of Fish we are designing new features and redesigning our applications to make the experience of our millions of current users, and the 50,000+ new daily users, even better.
We are on the hunt for a Product Design Leader whose vision will help define not only the look and feel for our product, but most importantly will define the interaction and user experience. You will bring life to our product design principles.
You are recognized by your peers and your team as a leader who is:
- An inspirational, creative leader who champions usability and leads from the front
- Someone who can align product, business strategy and user experience with our new global branding
Sound like you? Great. We want to hear from you. What will you do?
As one of the largest brands in the Match Group (the owner of Tinder, OkCupid, Match.com), you will be responsible for defining the creative vision for our brand and ensuring our members live and feel that in our apps every single day.
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- End-to-end ownership of the Design team, vision, strategy, and processes
- The final decision maker on design decisions
- Own the design system and its execution throughout all of our product experiences
- Collaborate with Product Managers and other leaders to define the vision of our products and user interactions
- You will lead discovery work that drives what experience we should deliver through testing assumptions and ideas not only through qualitative user research but quantitative user research and analysis.
- Drive the creative process from start to finish, pushing us out of our comfort zone
- Lead, mentor, and grow a team of 3 designers, as they define information architecture, design wireframes and mockups that adhere to UX best practices
- Ensure our user experience delivers our brand promise
- Internal champion and evangelist for the user centered design
- 10+ years experience with 5+ years of experience as a design leader
- Experience with Design Thinking, and working with agile teams
- Customer obsessed with a proven history of making data-driven decisions to prioritize and ship products successfully in a high pace environment
- Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills (User research, Usability Testing)
- Balanced approach to qualitative and quantitative analysis to drive creative decisions
- A strong networker, who is active in the tech and design community
- Outstanding presentation skills with a natural ability to inspire confidence both internally and share your vision
- Doesn’t mind getting their hands dirty with data and doing research
- Has direct experience in the trenches, not just managing as expected to also act as an IC when necessary
- Business savvy, can talk to executives
- Can be creative and inspirational, but ground discussions in the real world
- Strategic thinker
- Human-Computer Interaction, or UX/UI/design diploma or degree
- Startup experience
At Plenty of Fish, the foundation of our success has always been our people, and their dedication to making connections and conversations happen for our users.
Since 2003, we’ve been growing a team of passionate, driven individuals to build and enhance our platform that’s used by millions of people all over the world, every single day.
We’ve gotten to where we are by cultivating a high-performance culture, operating responsibly, and investing in our technology and our people. At Plenty of Fish, we embrace our work, and relish a cause for celebration.
Posted: November 17, 2018
Closes: January 16, 2019