As our Director of IT,
you will be hands-on partner for our IT team working to set direction and excute on how we serve the Traction family of companies. This role will support a variety of business units and oversee our offices in BC, Ontario, Houston, TX and Jaipur, India. You will work with our CTO to set the strategic vision of the department.
Traction on Demand's hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here's what we mean by that:Culture
Culture at Traction on Demand isn't about drinking beer and playing ping-pong - it's much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don't just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are - do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand - you've got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just "git 'r done."Skills
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
What You Will Be Doing
- BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field
- Minimum 10 years of Information Technology experience with increasing responsibility
- Minimum 5 years of IT staff management
- Strong understanding of new and evolving technologies and the ability to clearly articulate the vision for how best to evolve information technology through the translation of business needs into system solutions making maximum use of available tools
- Proven track record of leadership skills to equip and inspire the IT team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical subjects to non-technical audiences; the ability to present comfortably and effectively to audiences of all levels is critical
- Experience in project management with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to establish credibility at all levels, inside and outside the organization
If you're interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we'll contact you for a phone interview.
- Lead and inspire the IT team through coaching and delivery of continuous feedback
- Identify and deliver additional applications and systems to facilitate the delivery of the overall business strategy
- Participate in strategic business planning, defining business requirements, preparing business cases, project planning, negotiating the allocation of resources and ensuring the delivery of business solutions
- Develop & manage the IT roadmap in a high growth environment
- Ensure an enterprise architecture and strategy for business continuity and disaster recovery
- Formulate and deploy long-term strategic plans for acquiring and enabling efficient and cost-effective information processing and communication technologies.
- Management and oversight of the following: all IT infrastructure, security, network, cloud technologies, telephony systems and the overall enterprise architecture; Security Systems and protocols; corporate systems, platforms, data integrations, EDI; IT assets, inventory reporting, software, and firmware updating
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Oversee negotiation and administration of vendor, outsources, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we're about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology - salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world's largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.