Our Director of Growth
is more of a mindset than a position, and is someone who's not afraid to stretch boundaries and think outside the box to get results and experiment. You have a hunger to make products grow. This role will be primarily focused on our CryptoKitties flagship game, with potential to work on many new exciting other product launches as well. You will have a bias towards experimentation and innovation to continue to identify new acquisition channels, while optimizing conversion. You will scale our efforts in our core markets and internationally.
This role will oversee the entire customer acquisition pipeline, and watch how all the pieces in a customer acquisition funnel are working together. This will help make strategic adjustments to sales, marketing, and retention strategies based on what's best for the entire direction of the business. A little about us:
Dapper Labs is the company behind CryptoKitties. Formed in February 2018, Dapper Labs was spun out of Axiom Zen to spread the benefits of decentralization through the power of play, fairness, and true ownership. Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures, Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. CryptoKitties is the world's most popular blockchain application outside of cryptocurrency exchanges.
Dapper team members are humble and curious entrepreneurs, builders, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap its potential to create change in the world. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse crew flourishes in a distributed hierarchy where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else: regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We're all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that's what brings us together.Our ideal candidate:
- Understanding the different types of customer acquisition channels, including paid and owned media as well as earned media are vital.
- Understand the alphabet soup of online and offline marketing, like SEO, PPC, CAC and CRO.
- Strategic thinking skills, and knowing how to understand, filter and work with data, including visualization tools, is a definite plus.
- You know funnels. You know them well.
- Viral growth will be your focus, with you experimenting in the ways you know how. We know there is no set growth pattern, and we have a lot to learn from experimenting. So we expect you to take bets and take risks on emerging channels.
- Developing a deep understanding of business drivers. Proactively identify strategic questions that are critical to the success of the business and addressing thorough quantitative analysis and problem solving.
- Testing what works, and then scaling it. Be responsible for measurement and reporting of all in-market tests you own, including iterating and optimization.
- Marketing or product background.
- MBA is a plus, but not required.
- Major plus if you have a gaming background.
- Strong collaborator at the leadership level while also being comfortable doing the day to day blocking and tackling work required to scale the organization.
- Demonstrated success scaling a growth team across all functions and creating the systems and processes for setting strategy, planning and ongoing execution.
- Deep experience managing an iterative, test and learn approach to driving growth via structured experimentation.
- Data driven: a background in statistics, along with other helpful skills like split testing, copywriting or funnel building.