We're recruiting a Director of Engineering, Software Quality to help us complete the holy trinity of agile product development workflows. As our very first hire focused solely on quality assessment, you'll lay the foundation for the future of quality assurance at Dapper Labs by pairing speed, efficiency, and cutting-edge experimentation with consistent top-quality output. Your insights will play a key role in growing a business and shape the way a revolutionary new technology is adopted by vast new audiences. Every day, you'll collaborate with a world-class team in our Vancouver office.
Every one of us shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision.A little about us:
CryptoKitties is the world's most successful blockchain game
, accounting for 25% of the traffic on the Ethereum network
upon launch. Unlike cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin or ether, CryptoKitties are crypto collectibles
that secure ownership of digital art via distributed ledger technology. Since launching, tens of millions of US dollars
in transactions have been conducted on the platform, with some of the game's most popular cats selling for the equivalent of over US$100,000. The cultural phenomenon has been featured by The Wall Street Journal
, The New York Times
, and VICE
We created CryptoKitties to explore the concept of digital scarcity and introduce blockchain technology to everyday consumers. We want to shape the future of blockchain. Our team of 30+ world class engineers, designers, and product leads set industry standards and pioneer innovative blockchain advancements, including developing a new type of non-fungible token, ERC-721. Recent funding includes investments from leading firms Andreessen Horowitz
and Union Square Ventures
Our team combines creativity and experience to test new ground in game-making-our mission is to inspire delight with the goal of attracting the first billion consumers to the world of blockchain
games and digital assets.What we'll accomplish together:
A little about you:
- As our first hire dedicated to assuring software quality, you'll lay the foundation for the future of quality assurance at our organization.
- Design the best way to accomplish the goals of fast, iterative, high-quality releases from several teams into (often) the same codebase.
- Diagnose systemic issues related to workflow, architecture, and collaboration.
- Collaborate with teams to design, implement, and test workflow improvements and incorporate QA into agile development cycles.
- Work across multi-disciplinary teams to define best practices and foster champions of quality.
- Create test plans for projects at various stages of development - from ideation through to post-launch feature releases.
- Ensure automated test suites cover the front- and back-end of applications on a variety of different platforms.
Bonus points for the following:
- You are capable of applying your skills across a variety of use cases.
- We believe in processes and the power of planning, but you will often have to roll with the punches and prioritize the most impactful tasks on the fly.
- You're a leader, passionate about building and establishing new processes from the ground up.
- You've worked with agile methodologies in product development.
- You've written and maintained automated test suites.
- You're familiar with the most up-to-date QA tools and best practices (TestRail, Cypress, visual diffing, etc.).
- You have a thorough understanding of cost/benefit for different approaches, such asautomation maintenance, manual testing, and more.
- You're passionate about quality engineering, while keeping a pragmatic approach to solutions.
More about CryptoKitties:
- Enthusiasm for blockchain.
- Involvement with instilling TDD practices.
- Experience developing and maintaining build pipelines in production systems.
At CryptoKitties we recruit the best and foster an environment that enables our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
We offer compensation commensurate with the high level of talent we seek, extensive benefits, and flexible time off policy.
Posted: November 17, 2018
Closes: January 16, 2019