Job Description Summary
The Director, Global Facility Operations is primarily responsible for operating and maintaining STEMCELL's global portfolio of thirteen facilities and its associated infrastructure.
This positions oversees the front line facilities teams and is responsible for the development, implementation, ongoing monitoring and delivery of all facilities operations activities including: strategic planning and day-to-day operations of the buildings and premises, supporting the repair, maintenance and improvements of building infrastructure systems (manufacturing, laboratories, distribution and offices), accurate budgeting and scheduling of all facilities related projects, supporting space planning execution, immediate and effective responses to major building system disruptions.
Many of the facilities must be managed and maintained to high regulatory standards, including but not limited to ISO, GMP, internal standards and other compliance requirements as they apply to ongoing facility operations.Job Description Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees facility operations including, Building Services (Front Desk Reception at each location globally) and Building Systems teams.
- Negotiate and manage third party facility maintenance and service contracts.
- Leads the Facilities' projects.
- Lead and execute minor base building construction projects; defining scope and ensuring delivery , on schedule and on budget.
- Participate in annual goal setting for the assigned functions and team(s) to prioritize operational deliverables and projects.
- Accountable for the Facilities team operating plan and forecasting. Prepare and manage the annual budget and expenditures; review various budget reports for multiple buildings and premises. Lead the initiative for proper and timely forecasting, tracking, reporting and management of the quarterly and annual budget reviews.
- Develop, continually evaluate and maintain the Building and Office Services Business Plan that includes short-term, long-term strategies and tactics, risk management, and building-wide contingency planning.
- Oversee the planning of allocation and utilization of space and resources for existing and new buildings and offices, or re-organizing current premises.
- Oversee the administration management of the buildings and office services program (security, parking, front desk services, general office services, waste, etc).
- Oversee management of consultants, services vendors, contractors, suppliers and external agencies as required; direct the performance of contract work, ensure work is delivered with minimum disruption to core business activities.
- Perform managerial on-call / call-out duty to respond to emergencies in accordance with established company policies.
- Ensure customers and employees receive exceptional service levels in line with STEMCELL's core values of quality and responsiveness.
- Promotes continuous improvement with effective processes and training to increase productivity and reduce costs.
- Lead and mentor a team while enabling progressive career development & a great employee experience.
- Leads in an ethical manner, prioritizing safety and compliance.
- Perform other duties as required by the business.
- Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Engineering, Real Estate or related field.
- Certification in facilities management or an MBA or other related Master's degree would be an asset.
- 15+ years of senior level experience in facilities management. Biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience is an asset.
- Experience managing a portfolio of facilities with relatively high operating thresholds is an asset. Experience managing new developments and facilities renovations is an asset.
- Familiar with conducting regular visits and inspections of facilities and construction sites; and able to respond to on-call emergency coverage as required.
- 5-10+ years of experience leading and managing a team with the ability to effectively delegate, mentor and develop staff and inspire others to reach their full capability, maximize their capacity and accomplish goals.
- First Aid and Health & Safety certified an asset.
- Performance oriented - driven to optimize the facility and team results.
- Practice a discipline of Continuous Improvement and People Engagement.
- Experience in leading strategic change initiatives and scaling this work on a broader level (e.g. building and office services implementations, space utilization analytics, resource planning etc).
- Well-versed in technical operations and facilities management industry best practices.
- Excellent negotiation skills with the ability to persuade others to adopt new concepts, practices, and approaches. Experience managing third party relationships is an asset.
- Ability to work collaboratively with senior management, external providers, business partners, etc. to achieve objectives; champions best practice, quality management and long-term sustainability.
- Ability to think strategically / conceptually and collaborate cross functionally to solve complex problems effectively and ensure smooth execution of solutions.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to collect and analyze data to develop action plans.
- Ability to develop and communicate clear goals, track and manage progress, and deliver consistent results.
- Strong understanding of program / project management methodology, including scope, budget, schedule and resource planning, with particular emphasis on stakeholder engagement, communication and change management.
- Detail-oriented with a strong work ethic and ability to work in an autonomous environment and adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience building strong relationships with the ability to strategically partner cross-functionally and globally to advance strategic direction of the business.
- Customer service oriented with focus on providing a high level of service delivery and partnership.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; communicates in a clear, concise and organized manner; listens to others to obtain information.
- Required to travel up to 10-15% of the time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Biotechnology Maintenance and Technicians