At Canada Drives, we believe the experience of buying a vehicle should be easy and satisfying. Since 2010, we have used technology to simplify the process of finding the right vehicle for any Canadian of all financial circumstances. Through our online application process today we connect nearly half a million Canadians per year with dealerships across Canada.
For our next decade, we are excited to continue offering 100% online vehicle purchasing with a wide selection, great deals, and speedy at-home delivery. Our vision is that buying and financing a vehicle should be fair, fast, simple and seamless for all Canadians.
We are looking to add the new role of Director, FP&A to our growing team. The position will report directly to the CFO to develop the financial planning process and ensure timely and accurate reporting and analysis to support the company's rapid growth.
We are excited to be offering this role and we want you to join our expanding team!
- Assess department processes for efficiency and opportunities to strengthen growing FP&A function
- Review & coordinate preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual rolling forecasts to produce high quality reporting on actuals vs. forecasted/budgeted results
- Partner with different business units to analyze key drivers, identify areas of opportunity and risk, and drive improvements to our unit economics
- Perform quantitative analysis required for strategic planning, special projects, and reports for management and communicate results to management team
- Lead monthly meetings with company stakeholders to communicate and synthesize financial information to drive strategic action
- Maintain awareness of proper internal controls and make recommendations for any deficiencies
- Ensure the delivery of in-depth, meaningful analysis of business performance to internal and external stakeholders as required
- Oversee, manage, and motivate team members daily to enhance & maintain a high-performing team
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting required
- Prior experience managing the FP&A function of a publicly traded company
- Proficient knowledge of IFRS reporting standards
- Strong financial modeling skills, along with an understanding of financial reporting & strategic business planning
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and outside parties to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills and ability to produce high-level external reporting
- Proven leadership record: You are capable of leading remotely, pride yourself on developing future leaders with direct experience managing others and being responsible for supporting their performance.
- Self-motivated & proactive: You can work with minimum supervision and be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner. You anticipate questions about the company's financial projections and provide preemptive answers and concepts in layman's terms to busy executives.
- Ability to summarize & communicate: You possess an ability to think into the future and weigh various scenarios and can summarize this information down to earth with tangible reports on key metrics.
- Team Oriented: You are a willing collaborator that's open to sharing ideas and embracing the ideas of others with the goal towards doing what's best for the company.
- Hybrid - this position is remote with the opportunity to be in-office at our downtown location if desired
Banking, Finance and Insurance