Absolute is seeking a Director of Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting to join our Accounting team and be part of the rapid growth of this vibrant SaaS, cybersecurity company. This role will report to our Controller.Responsibilities:
What You Need:
- Oversee all aspects of financial reporting and enhance external reporting function, including SEC filings (10-Qs, 10-Ks, 8-Ks, etc.) and Canadian public company financial reporting
- Ensure accurate and timely accounting and reporting in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and IFRS
- Work closely with the CFO's organization, Legal, the external auditors and others within the organization to review and file
- Research and establish accounting policies and procedures for the company
- Lead the effort to establish key internal controls in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 requirements.
- Key go-to person for technical accounting issues and research and write memos related to new pronouncements
- Coordinate and manage annual audits with the third-party audit firm for the portions of the audit that fall in the purview of Regulatory Reporting, SOX and Technical Accounting
- Help implement change, document processes, and roll-out new procedures
- Oversee training materials to be used by the accounting team and new hires
- Work with CFO and executive team on ad-hoc projects or strategic initiatives
Why Work For Us?
- BA/BS degree in accounting; MBA is a plus
- CPA with 6+ years of accounting experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years in an SEC reporting or oversight role
- Skilled at developing policies, procedures and accounting practices
- Strong managerial skills to supervise, mentor and develop staff
- High degree of initiative and self-motivation; strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail, organized, reliable, and responsive
- Strong analytical skills; ability to resolve issues quickly and implement change
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Hands-on and proactive team player
- Ability to adapt to fast-paced, startup environment
- Strong Excel skills, SEC reporting application knowledge, and other MS Office applications
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in San Jose - CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny - IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam, Absolute serves as the benchmark for Endpoint Resilience, ensuring connectivity, visibility and control, independent of the operating system - embedded in more than a billion endpoints, we empower devices to recover automatically from any state to a secure operational state without user intervention. Our unique value supports our aspirational journey - to become the World's Most Trusted Security Company. Nothing short of bold, and nothing less than achievable for this team. Whether it's our commitment to the cybersecurity industry, our customers, or to one another, we are relentless about protecting people's devices and the sensitive information found on them. And those common goals foster a work environment where collaboration, big ideas and world-class execution are rewarded with success through our mantra of One Team | One Number. At Absolute, we incorporate the ideals of Resilience in all we do to safeguard our customers' data and information, so they can focus on saving lives, fighting fraud, moving markets and protecting passengers, to name a few. Our innovation journey has blossomed from within, so we foster that mindset by investing in our employees - fueling our employee's creative expression, and resulting in our own cyber capabilities. Our momentum is palpable - Forbes noticed too and recognized Absolute as one of the top-10 cybersecurity companies to watch in 2019 and 2020.
The New Reality of Remote Work and Distance Learning has further connected our teams and our passion to drive to solve our customers challenges. We pride ourselves on our agile, high energy culture that rewards exceptional achievements and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We also respect the need for downtime and believe in a sound work / life balance, reflected in our 'Take What You Need' vacation policy and our annual employee retreat where it's all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com
or visit our YouTube channel
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.
Administrative Banking, Finance and Insurance