Position Summary DIRECTOR FINANCIAL ANALYSIS AND GOVERNMENT RELATIONS Job ID: 3283 REGULAR FULL-TIME Location: BURNABY, BC Director, Financial Analysis & Government Relations Burnaby, BC BC Housing is a provincial Crown agency with an annual budget of $1.45 billion (2019/20) and a portfolio of housing services and programs that assist 110,400+ households in over 300 communities provincewide. As such, we continually seek sustainable housing solutions that are supported by excellence in service delivery and research, and take into account social, financial and environmental impacts.
Our Corporate Services Branch
provides a full range of financial, administrative and information management, legal, program analysis and corporate planning services for the Commission. This includes developing financial policies and controls, undertaking budgeting, accounting, reporting, cash management and investing activities, overseeing mortgage administration for BC Housing and the Provincial Rental Housing Corporation, and providing construction financing, as the Commission is a National Housing Act-approved lender.
As Director of Financial Analysis & Government Relations,
you'll oversee BC Housing's budgeting and financial reporting functions, and play a crucial role in supporting sound decision-making, and in creating financial and business solutions to promote and advance construction and development projects. Drawing extensively on your strengths as a persuasive communicator and results-oriented consensus builder, you'll develop strong working relationships with external partners, including the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing's Financial Services Division and Office of Housing and Construction Standards, and Treasury Board staff within the Ministry of Finance.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Finance, you'll act as the primary financial conduit between the Commission, the Ministry responsible for housing and Treasury Board staff on matters of ad hoc financial reporting, housing programs and project initiative reporting, and other strategic financial reporting, and to facilitate the vital exchange of financial and related information. At the same time, you'll act as a key point of contact with financial and policy staff in all other ministries that conduct activities related to housing and homelessness. Internally, you'll liaise regularly with BC Housing's core business areas to oversee the preparation of information on housing programs and project initiative plans, provincial reporting and overall compliance with government processes and funding parameters.
Working closely with the Executive Director, Finance, the VP, Corporate Services & Chief Financial Officer, and other branches of the Commission, you'll lead financial analysis and business case development for the provincial annual budget process as well as Treasury Board and Cabinet submissions. This will include leading the development and coordination of these submissions - from business case positioning to the preparation of financial analysis, models and forecasts. The Executive Director will also count on you for support in providing financial expertise to internal and external partners, by advising on, and facilitating compliance with, government funding criteria and related deadlines.
Leveraging your analytical expertise and finance knowledge, you'll not only develop strategic reporting to the Commission's Executive Committee, the Board of Commissioners, and Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC), but also develop and recommend strategies to improve the Commission's overall financial position. QUALIFICATIONS
With a university degree in commerce, business administration, finance, or public administration, a Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) designation and at least ten (10) years' experience in progressively responsible finance and accounting roles, you're well equipped to take the lead as our new Director, Financial Analysis & Government Relations. Considerable senior-level experience working in, or with, government is preferred.
The following competencies, knowledge, skills and abilities will also support your success in advancing and supporting the achievement of Commission objectives:
- Core Competencies
- Personal Effectiveness
- Results Oriented
- Service Oriented
- Leadership Competencies
- Alignment & Results
- Team Development
- Relationship Building/Management
- In-depth and significant knowledge of accounting, budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis models and frameworks, reporting systems, processes and controls, specifically within government and not-for-profit environments.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the Commission's programs and operating requirements, relevant legislation, and the role of central agencies, an asset.
- Considerable knowledge of mission-critical corporate enterprise applications such as JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, WebFOCUS and Central Property System (CPS), preferred.
- Ability to provide leadership in conducting research, preparing financial analyses, and analysing complex financial matters.
- Ability to establish a high level of rapport and effective working relationships with all levels of management, government and housing partners, and other stakeholders to build consensus and accomplish objectives.
- Ability to assess the business and financial ramifications of new programs and opportunities, and develop strategies and options to facilitate the accomplishment of objectives.
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate staff in a team setting.
- Excellent research, presentation and report-writing skills.
- Highly effective consultation, facilitation, communication, conflict resolution, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical, and conceptual thinking skills.
To view the Job Description and to apply for the role of Director, Financial Analysis & Government Relations, visit https://www.bchousing.org/careers/current-opportunities. When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application as a single Word or pdf file. Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted.
BC Housing-one of BC's Top Employers for 2019
and one of Canada's Greenest Employers for 2019
-is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.