In this newly created role, you will be responsible for the creation of a three year vision for the enterprise architecture practice and ensure Ledcor is at the technical forefront of external trends, practices and innovations while aligning to Ledcor's overall business strategy. You will shape and facilitate the stand-up and maturation of the enterprise architecture team and information technology (IT) at Ledcor through the design of a highly effective, efficient, and flexible IT architecture practice. In addition, you will lead a group of architects to help our Operating Groups and Functions to achieve their strategic objectives enabled through technology.
Join Ledcor's Information Services team today!
• Accountable for the development and execution of a three-year team strategy to mature enterprise architecture capabilities.
• Builds strong architecture team, responsible for attracting and retaining talent; drives the evolution of the Enterprise Architecture Team, provides strategic direction, ongoing coaching and mentorship, manages architecture skills, improves team knowledge and expertise on architecture practices and overall performance management.
• Shares own technical expertise with the Enterprise Architecture team and across Ledcor Information Services (LIS) via coaching, hands-on training and day-to-day delivery interactions.
• Lead the creation of governance, assurance and standards to guide Enterprise Architecture decision making & ensure compliance and governance by chairing governance forums (i.e. Architecture Review Board, Technical Review Board).
• Review and approve architecture standards and patterns prepared by the Enterprise Architecture team & ensures current state architectures are developed and updated.
• Lead a team that coordinates with key stakeholders to identify future needs and requirements & that develops future state architecture strategies
• Accountable for the development of business cases to modernize the IT environment to improve efficiency and reliability.
• Owns the overall annual technology plan, creating an integrated technology roadmap and portfolio of initiatives to achieve future state.
• Act as an expert in major strategic programs, providing assistance in assessing feasibility and validating technical architecture.
• Leads the development and maintains service offerings relating to Enterprise Architecture including overseeing a team that researches and introduces architectural best practice methodologies and tools to support delivery of services.
• Trains architecture team members on methodologies and tools.
Additional Information: Company Description
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Enginee ring and/or Information Systems; Master's Degree preferred
• Relevant industry certification is considered an asset (e.g. TOGAF)
• 10+ years of experience including progressive people leadership accountabilities and advanced enterprise architecture experience
• Experience in capital intensive industries and prior exposure to a business or non-IT related role is considered an asset
• Experience with emerging technologies and translating new trends into potential use cases
• Previous experience building and maturing an enterprise architecture team and program
• Advanced understanding of enterprise architecture methodology, standards, processes and service delivery
• Able to translate business requirements into enterprise architecture solutions and services
• Understands how enterprise architecture enables corporate strategy and can be applied for each Business Unit and Function
• Ability to collaborate with the business to understand their vision and strategy and translate that into effective enterprise change
• Strong communicator, influencer and negotiator, able to explain complex concepts and issues in business language to gain support for technology strategy and architecture at all levels of the organization
• Proven leader that can build and develop an effective and collaborative Enterprise Architecture team
• Experience with technologies such as Microsoft suite of products (including Azure), AWS, APIs, JD Edwards, Power BI, JIRA, Workday, ServiceNow, GIS systems, Primavera, PaaS, IaaS, SaaS
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America's most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!Employment Equity
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging. Date Posted
Feb 26, 2021
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada