Who you are…
You are an experienced and strategic communications professional with a passion for driving things forward and building something bigger than yourself. You thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing environment and have a knack for thinking quick and strategically. Driving results keeps you motivated, and you are known for championing breakthrough ideas and initiatives.
You will lead a team responsible for the strategy and execution of a compelling communications program that supports Hootsuite's aggressive business objectives. Working closely with the VP of Brand and Communications, you'll bring Hootsuite's brand to life among media, investors, customers and partners to inspire them to action.
You have 12+ years of corporate communications, public and global media relations, executive and external communications experience at both private and global public companies. You bring 8+ years of communications leadership experience, with ideally 5+ years agency experience. Responsibilities…
You're great at…
- Develop annual strategic communications plan, determine resource requirements and lead team in execution. The plan should include:
- Public and media relations
- Executive communications
- Thought leadership
- Industry analyst relations
- Lead the corporate communications team from headquarters in Vancouver; provide global oversight, direction, content and corporate best practices for the regional teams
- Manage agency relationships, as an extension of the team, providing strategic direction and inspiring them to achieve goals within timelines and budget.
- Provide strategic communications counsel, including financial communications tailored to a fast-growing, private company
- Enable and train company spokespeople to deliver consistent and compelling messages
- Creating and using strong media and key influencer relationships to drive results
- Mastery of external communications with a fluency in social and the most current and leading edge communications practices to create a differentiated brand
- Experience presenting to and interacting with global media, executive leaders, board members, C-level customers and a variety of internal and external audiences
- Building and executing media campaigns, crisis management plans, and advising C-Suite leadership
- Coaching, developing and managing internal team, contractors and agencies to timeline, budget and measurable results with scalable processes
- Analytical skills, including an understanding of key financial metrics and communications requirements relevant to a publicly-traded company, and, ideally, IPO communications experience
- Expert writing and editing skills with the ability to write in a variety of styles and media, including business-to-business communications, speechwriting and other corporate communications
- Aligning key stakeholders to decisions, working collaboratively with partners and customers and getting desired stories told
- Saas, software industry experience
- You're customer obsessed - customer delight drives your actions
- You're passionate about brand and using communications to bring a brand to life, inspiring audiences to desired action
- You're a thought leader in your field and areas of expertise - people quote you!
***This role will be based in Vancouver, Canada, and relocation assistance and immigration support will be provided to the successful candidate.***
Hootsuite is an inclusive employer. Every effort will be made to provide accommodations requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.