. About the role
Leads and oversees Information Technology & Solutions ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed/ delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures
The incumbent will participate in long-range strategy planning and manage policy development to address complex business issues. This role will focus on:
- Specifying and guiding the use of automation and standardization to improve the efficiency of compliance enforcement at scale using controls-as-code.
To achieve this, the incumbent will collaborate with business partners/executives, vendor partners, internal technology partners such as security, infrastructures and scotia architecture community for the design, development, delivery and support of IT business solutions for a major function or business line.
The incumbent is responsible for managing a set of tasks and techniques used to work as a liaison among various stakeholders in order to understand the structure, policies, and operations of an organization, and to recommend technical / business solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
Working with an advanced level of expertise, the incumbent is responsible for the full development life cycle, management of projects/programs, and the direction of technical and business resources within the IT business line.
The incumbent works with the business unit management and forms alliances on projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements and vendor management
The incumbent will effectively manage and supervise departmental and project staff by setting performance expectations, monitoring performance, providing performance feedback including the preparation of performance appraisals, and as needed, providing counsel and coaching, and arranging for formal training. This also includes the recruitment of qualified development staff. Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- The incumbent is responsible for planning and directing application/technology projects and ongoing support.
- Typically involving multiple systems and impact more than one area or sub-component(s) of major application/technology projects
- Ensuring it meets the needs of the user group across the platform(s) and adheres to the architectural direction of Bank standards
- Understands the strategic direction of the enterprise and the supporting IT systems and architectures.
- The incumbent is responsible for leading technical teams in the areas of scheduling, technical direction, future planning and standard development practices.
- Provides counseling and coaching
- Recruits qualified resources for projects
- Develops departmental capability to exploit technology and develop expertise to meet future business requirements
- The incumbent is responsible for building and maintaining a strong working relationship with peers/management within the business lines.
- Partnering with stakeholders/teams to translate business strategies/requirements and identifyappropriate solutions to deliver on objectives
- The incumbent will meet scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner.
- Ensures the timely development and/or implementation of solutions
- Actively facilitate problem resolution, in anticipation of production problems.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- The incumbent will participate in the budgeting processes and quality improvement activities for his/her department and/or projects.
- Interprets, applies and monitors return on parameters and performance indicators for all new initiatives supported by the area
- May be required to work with Project Management, Business Analysis and Finance resources to ensure appropriate financial management of projects and operations
- Interprets and implements continuous improvement process for production issues to ensure the effective and timely resolution of problems and knowledge transfer
- The incumbent is responsible for all projects within the department and manages multiple small and large projects concurrently.
- The incumbent must ensure high availability, integrity and reliability of programs and processes developed where the consequence of error could expose the Bank to a significant loss or undue risk.
- The incumbent is expected to identify strategies and objectives and act towork with related teams toimplement them on his/her own initiative.
- The incumbent is guided by Bank policy and receives broad direction from the Vice President (or immediate supervisor) and is expected to support the division in identifying strategic priorities and opportunities.
What's in it for you?
- The incumbent must have at least 15 years of IT and business/industry work experience.
- The incumbent must have extensive business knowledge and experience (understanding of vision, financial objectives/how business functions and core processes interact/the strategic importance of projects, how projects interact/impact of change and/or delays in projects)
- The incumbent experience in Financial industry and of knowledge of technology providers for Financial Industry will be an asset
- The incumbent must have systems knowledge and experience (existing systems and new technologies).
- The incumbent must have experience in process knowledge, scheduling, risk management and systems design.
- The incumbent must have in-depth knowledge in the project management of highly complex technology projects.
- The incumbent must have in-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing the activities related to planning, managing and implementing software projects and programs.
- The incumbent will have aBachelor'sor Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, OR equivalent work experience.
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: All postings in me@Scotiabank will remain live for a minimum of 5 days. Job Segment:
Information Technology, Architecture, Project Manager, Developer, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering
Creative and Graphic Design Information Technology