What's Bench? Check us out in Fintech Impact, Perkins + Will, Daily Hive, BC Business, our Instagram, and our Blog.We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.We're a committed and talented group of diverse people working hard to solve a real, universal problem for millions of entrepreneurs: businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses. Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. We've paired smart humans with incredibly powerful software to develop the fastest, most efficient bookkeeping service in history. This lets us provide monthly and yearly financials at an incredibly accessible price, giving business owners the time, confidence, and knowledge they need to be successful.Bench is growing fast. Recently, we've onboarded our 9000th client and our 500th employee. We have a clear, funded path to profitability, and a roadmap that we believe will rapidly accelerate the trajectory of our business. We're looking for the brightest minds who love solving tough problems to join us on this incredible journey, in pursuit of bringing financial mastery to our clients.What does the Marketing department look like?
We're on a mission to bring financial mastery to a million entrepreneurs and believe that giving small business owners a great experience when they visit bench.co
is going to help us get there.
In this role, you'll have the freedom, ownership, and responsibility for creating the strategy to increase the performance of key webpages like the Bench homepage, pricing page, and how it works page. You'll work alongside talented designers and engineers to bring your strategy to life and continuously iterate through a/b testing.
It may be hard to believe that a humble, online bookkeeping service could change lives, but the reactions we have from the entrepreneurs we serve-from tears of relief, emphatic thanks, major press and accolades, and even marriage proposals-suggests that we are, one entrepreneur at a time.What you'll be getting up to:
To be successful in this role, you'll need to have:
- Owning client generation for the Bench.co core website
- Planning and executing strategies to increase the conversion rate of unique visitors to leads throughout the year as visitor intent levels fluctuate. This includes running A/B tests, updating existing pages, and determining whether new pages need to be built.
- Working with in-house designers and developers to build and implement new web pages
- Maintaining a close relationship with stakeholders from teams such as Sales, Partnerships, and Customer Marketing to gather insights that can be applied to improve Bench's web assets
- Using metrics pulled from web analytics tools to report on the performance of Bench.co
- Gathering ideas shared by internal stakeholders and prioritize them against existing growth opportunities
- Identifying new software or tools that could be incorporated into the web growth strategy to improve conversion rates while maintaining a visitor experience
It could be an even better fit if you have:
- Experience using Google Analytics, Heap, or a similar web analytics tool
- Data-driven decision making is at the core of the Inbound Marketing team and pulling regular reports from web analytics tools will be critical to communicating on the performance of the Bench web strategy
- Experience conceptualizing and building A/B tests
- We're looking for someone who knows how to prioritize hypotheses and structure experiments that effectively prove or disprove those hypotheses to fuel not only conversion rate growth but learning.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and accept failure
- You have past experience successfully working autonomously and taking risks with new ideas, whether those ideas were ultimately successful or not.
- 3+ years of experience in digital marketing, with a focus on website strategy
The extra details:
- Experience building web pages using a content management system
- Bench uses Contentful to manage content on both its core website and blog. The Digital Marketing Strategist will need to be able to use this Content Management System to both build new web pages and make edits to existing pages.
- Search engine optimization
- Our web pages not only need to give small business owners a great experience as they consider Bench but also need to be easily found via Google and other search engines. An understanding of keyword research and user experience signals such as page load speed is a major asset as we look to expand our reach.
- Experience creating wireframes to communicate ideas with designers and developers
- The Digital Marketing Strategist will need to work closely with internal designers and developers to implement their vision for the Bench web strategy. Being able to come to the table with strong wireframes helps to make this collaboration more efficient.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society-including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don't stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.
- This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
- Our office has gone fully remote! We'll set you up with everything you need to work from home, from day one.
- This position offers an annual salary, stock options, and an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision.
Sales and Marketing