Traction on Demand is looking for a Digital Art Director to work as a multi disciplinary designer and visual storyteller who can translate marketing initiatives and strategies into innovative and engaging experiences that connect at a human level.
You'll work closely with teams across our products and services executing intuitive, strategic ideas across web, mobile apps and social media platforms.
Traction on Demand's hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here's what we mean by that: Culture
Culture at Traction on Demand isn't about drinking beer and playing ping-pong - it's much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don't just sit on a glossy page. We live by them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are - do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand - you've got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just "git 'r done." Skills
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
What You Will Be Doing
- 8+ years' experience in design and/or in an in-house or agency creative position.
- Excellent eye for design and typography and the ability to receive constructive feedback on projects.
- Great communicator, both in conveying design best practices and project details/ideas across all levels of the company, including the executive team.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite or similar technologies.
- A portfolio of professional UI/UX design work for both web and mobile platforms.
- Working knowledge of the following technologies and software: Sketch, InVision, Visio, HTML, CSS (SCSS), iOS, and Android.
- Proficient in Final Cut Pro X, Adobe After Effects. Knowledge of motion graphics a plus.
- A team player but can work independently too.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
If you're interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we'll reach out to you if we are interested in moving forward.
- Develops and creates concepts and visual ideas for all forms of communication, advertising and promotional materials.
- Leads information gathering with marketing, sales and other departments to support company-wide creative objectives.
- Provides creative leadership on issues relevant to technical graphic design. Works with product managers and others as necessary to gain understanding of technical issues.
- Develops and designs the aesthetics, visual design and/or layout of product artwork, component design, marketing materials and packaging to enhance product image.
- Collaborates with project teams to plan, analyze, organize and execute assigned projects.
- Diagnoses, by meeting with employees, consultants and/or vendors, to assess effectiveness of product imagery and presentation needs.
- Manages relationships with external sources relating to design issues, requires knowledge of industry relevant multimedia software.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we're about improving the way companies do business by using technology - salesforce.com , technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world's largest firms and not-for-profit organizations. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Please note, employment is contingent on successful completion of background and reference checks.
Traction on Demand
Sales and Marketing