Are you passionate about digital advertising and making data-driven decisions? Do you understand the power of a strong A/B test? Can you take a vision and create an end-to-end paid digital marketing campaign? You're looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities-and you'll find that at Thinkific!
As our Digital Advertising Specialist
at Thinkific, you will coordinate tests across new ad platforms and develop strategies to help build on existing platforms in support of scaling our paid ads program. Your primary focus will be to drive customer acquisition through paid marketing channels, working collaboratively with our Marketing team to develop and execute strategies to do so. You will have the opportunity to work both independently and with a team in addition to flexing your leadership skills to project manage creative resources and contractors to achieve business objectives. Using your analytical skills, you'll also dive into campaign data to look for opportunities to test and optimize future ad campaigns. In this role, you will:
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Use your understanding of the customer journey to frame and execute targeted, data-driven digital advertising campaigns across a number of different platforms (e.g. Facebook, Google Ads, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Look for and generate data-driven hypotheses for improving marketing performance, execute A/B tests, and apply knowledge of statistics (e.g. sample size, significance) to separate signal from noise
- Write copy for and build conversion-focused ads and landing pages
- Work closely with the Marketing, Partnerships, Platform, and Creative teams to craft campaign assets and responses
- Analyze campaign data and iterate on the results to improve ROI
- Collaborate and align with the Content, Partnerships, Platform, and Performance Marketing teams to support programs that amplify both paid and organic leads and signups
- Review reports on spend, budget, and ROI in order to draft reports and retrospectives accordingly
You might be the person we're looking for if you:
- Have 2+ years of experience managing and executing digital paid ad channel programs on Facebook, Google Ads, or other platforms
- Be experienced in creating end-to-end marketing campaigns (from writing copy and managing creative assets to budgeting and reporting)
- Understand the customer journey and how it ties to company revenue
- Possess knowledge of and experience with customer segmentation and funnel building-you can analyze all aspects of our paid conversion funnels to identify areas of opportunity
- Demonstrate proficiency with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Have a proven track record of supporting a growing paid media budget while maintaining campaign efficiency
- Be comfortable diving deep into the numbers to extract insights around campaign effectiveness and ROI
Bonus points if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow-you've likely had some post-secondary education, continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills, or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role
- Are a strategic thinker through and through. You're highly skilled at pulling and interpreting performance data in order to adjust or confirm weekly ad spend
- Like to get your hands dirty-if you have an idea, you're quick to action it and build the necessary components of any paid campaign flow
- Are not only data driven and a big picture thinker, but you can effectively communicate your ideas to other stakeholders as well
- Have experience building landing pages using tools like Unbounce
- Are passionate about digital marketing and business growth. We're building our own company by helping thousands of entrepreneurs around the globe build theirs-it doesn't get more rewarding than this!
- Have experience collaborating with and/or managing an agency partner
- Are Google Ads Certified
- Are Facebook Blueprint Certified
We're about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we're building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we've served over 40,000 course creators and more than 10 million students, and these numbers are growing each day! Why we think you'll like working with us:
- Read What to Expect when Applying at Thinkific to learn about our hiring process (and how we put candidates first!)
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can't wait to meet you!
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work-each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career-offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific's award-winning culture-we're one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Our team spends time together outside of work, too-we have board game nights, have gone rock climbing, hosted family BBQs, a weekly cookie club (that's right!), and each year, we host an annual retreat on Gambier Island
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific-you'll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Our office is close to major transit routes, bike-friendly, and centrally located at the intersection of some of Vancouver's coolest neighborhoods
- Stay fuelled with healthy snacks, free coffee and tea, kombucha, and the occasional Friday beer and cider
- Hang out with the @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they're as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you're most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Stay fit with subsidized gym access or by joining one of Thinkific's sports teams
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work-we're proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Thinkific welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome you!
Sales and Marketing