We are looking for a DevOps Engineer with experience working in a Windows environment to join one of BC’s Best Employers.
- Knowledge of IIS 8.0 or higher, ASP.NET 4.5
- Powershell Scripting experience
- Configuration Management experience
What & Why:
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be working in a Windows environment with a focus on the configuration, implementation and management of our client’s loan origination product suite.
Our client develops web and mobile applications as well as provides infrastructure hosting and support for a large retail financial network. They have received a number of awards for their software, and continue to develop & implement new features for business clients to grow their member base. They are firm believers in work-life balance with a 7 hour/day and 35-hour work week.
- Demonstrable knowledge of IIS 8.0 or higher, ASP.NET 4.5
- Good understanding of Configuration, Logging & tracing
- Experience in operating and supporting Web Based Applications
- Expert knowledge with Windows Server scripting in PowerShell
- Basic knowledge in monitoring / reporting tools
- Experience with Windows Server 2012
- Expert knowledge in using Microsoft SQL (SQL queries, updating schemas)
- Experience setting up and maintaining Windows Servers
- Familiar with Windows clustering technologies
- Experience with network packet capturing/troubleshooting
- Good understanding of Configuration Management tools (experience with Chef Preferred).
- In depth understanding of Web Services, SOAP/XML, REST/JSON
- Basic understanding of Problem, Incident and Change Management (ITIL Certification/training is preferred)
- Basic understanding of network topology and firewall configuration
Technical Knowledge Required:
- University degree in computer science (or equivalent) and 3 to 4 years’ relevant experience in a Windows, web application based IT environment
- In depth knowledge and understanding of IIS running on Windows and been involved in large enterprise web farms
- Windows automation using PowerShell
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.
Posted: November 28, 2018
Closes: January 27, 2019