189079 Work Area:
Information Technology Expected Travel:
0 - 10% Career Status:
Professional Employment Type:
Regular Full Time
# TWCAN220818 #CloudJobsYVR COMPANY DESCRIPTION
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
SAP Cloud Platform Integration for Data Services is SAP’s secure, cloud integration platform which allows efficient and secure usage of ETL tasks to move data between on-premise systems and the cloud with over 2300 customers and rapidly growing. It is an open, industry standard Integration-as-a-Service offering with a unique ability for on-premise installations to securely connect to and leverage cloud-based capabilities. This service is installed on different data centers and on different cloud providers.We are searching for an DevOps Engineer who has an excellent analytical mind and who is keen to solve innovative and challenging problems in an environment that is huge, enterprise ready and also ever-changing with multiple platforms. EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND COMPETENCIESREQUIRED SKILLS
- Day-to-day administration of Cloud Services
- Upskill oneself and be a technical expert for the solution for all topics be it landscape setup, upgrade, troubleshooting
- Respond to escalated customer service issues within the defined process with a high level of skill
- Invest in continuous learning via ongoing training and development of professional skill set
- Follow and contribute to Standard Operating Procedures for the system and proactively ramp up on new features released and collaborate/share knowledge on the same
- Be topic owner and drive dev-ops projects for the solution
- Become the go-to person for the all escalations, outages and any service issues
- Collaborate with the engineering teams and other technical experts to deliver on cloud projects like resilience, customer provisioning, landscape management
- A bachelor or master degree in computer science, or a related technical discipline
- 3 - 6 years experienced in Apache, Linux based application management and knowledge of Java, J2EE or relevant web frameworks
- 2+ years of experience in a technical support or operations team working on incident resolution, triage and support resolution
- Knowledge of network issues (firewall, routing, load balancing) and familiarity with Network Concepts, Deployment Architectures etc
- Knowledge of SAP Cloud Platform and services
- Experience with JSON, XML and other encoding standards
- Experience with working on databases, automation frameworks
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Communication skills and ability to work with a team
- Application installation/deployment and security configuration management
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Willingness and ability to handle on call/customer escalations
- Working experience in managing services with distributed systems and cloud scale with strong automation skills.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in using, operating and managing cloud infrastructures and services based on Cloud Foundry, AWS, GCP.
- Relevant Industry Certification is a plus.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
- Around 2-4 years of cloud operations experience managing cloud solutions focused on resilience and high availability.
- Experience in incident management, triage and resolution handling customer support and communication
- Good knowledge of Linux System Administration with experience in advanced troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of cloud concepts and cloud technologies
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now . WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now . SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com
, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com
, EMEA: Careers@sap.com
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor. Additional Locations
: Job Segment:
Manufacturing Engineer, Cloud, XML, ERP, Engineer, Engineering, Technology
Posted: October 15, 2018
Closes: December 14, 2018