Factors Group of Nutritional Companies Inc. is a leading manufacturer of nutritional supplements and other health-building products. We are committed to enhance the wellbeing of our customers - through research, development and delivery of effective nutritional products. It is our mission to contribute to the lives of our customers, employees, suppliers and the communities we serve, in a cooperative and sustainable manner.
Our approach to IT is undergoing a transformational change from that of traditional (data center centric) IT operations, to a modern, cloud-first strategy. We are looking for engineers with experience in both paradigms to maintain current systems and assist in the architecture, development, and ongoing maintenance of fault-tolerant and repeatable infrastructure.
Under the direction of the Senior Manager of IT, this position will help lead this transformation to a modern, scalable IT organization by applying DevOps principles to all aspects of our Operations and Development arenas.
Operations personnel are responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of systems and networks throughout the organization. This includes developing repeatable processes to configure and deploy systems, documentation, health monitoring, routine maintenance, and incident response (planning for, monitoring, response, recovery, and identifying the root cause of incidents - security or otherwise). A passion for monitoring and reliability is integral to this role.
While caring for the above duties, all Factors staff also take into consideration the company’s commitment to our seven Core Values such as Sustainability (people, the planet, and profit) in the planning and implementation of all actions related to the area of responsibility.
- Take personal responsibility for the quality, reliability and availability of IT infrastructure network and systems
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain hardware, operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Develop and improve instrumentation for monitoring the health and availability of services
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Mentor junior staff
- Other duties/projects as assigned
- Familiarity with modern IT Operations (DevOps, Agile development)
- Strong background in scripting languages (PowerShell, BASH, Python, Ruby)
- Interaction with in-house and 3rd party RESTful APIs, operations automation, etc.
- Experience with automation/configuration management (PowerShell, SCCM, Ansible, Puppet, Chef etc.)
- Proficiency with:
- Windows Server Administration / Active Directory
- Linux system administration; managing packages and configuration, Troubleshooting
- Source Control
- Databases (MSSQL, MySQL)
- Cloud architecture and administration
- Understanding of:
- Networking; routing protocols, VPN, subnets etc. (Cisco)
- Low-level networking concepts / protocols including
- OSI model
- Packet-level diagnostics
- Experience with:
- Metrics, monitoring, alerting and logging systems
- Maintaining parallel environments (Dev/Test/Prod)
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity scenarios
- VMware (other virtualization technologies a plus)
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- 5 or more years of professional experience working data centre technologies
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Reliable and industrious
- Positive attitude and excellent organization skills
- Self-motivated, willing to learn quickly and continually
- Able to work independently and prioritize tasks
- A team player with an ability to work well with others
- A sense of urgency, quick to respond to needs of users with emphasis on providing good customer service
- Possess effective written and oral communication skills
- Consciousness of network security and confidentiality
This position is open to all qualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in which this job is located. Only electronic applications can be accepted. This position will close when a competitive candidate pool has been identified. We thank you all for your applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. You can check the status of your application by logging in to your account. All the best!
Posted: February 17, 2019
Closes: April 18, 2019