We're looking for a DevOps Engineering Intern to join us in January 2019 for a 4 month work term, with opportunity for extension. You will help us define the standards, processes, and infrastructure that enable our team to ship outstanding products quickly and securely, all while learning from some of the industry's best. Every member of our team shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision. This position is based out of our Vancouver office.
Every one of us shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision. A Little Bit About Us:
CryptoKitties is the world's most successful blockchain game
, accounting for 25% of the traffic on the Ethereum network
upon launch. Unlike cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin or ether, CryptoKitties are crypto collectibles
that secure ownership of digital art via distributed ledger technology. Since launching, tens of millions of US dollars
in transactions have been conducted on the platform, with some of the game's most popular cats selling for the equivalent of over US$100,000. The cultural phenomenon has been featured by The Wall Street Journal
, The New York Times
, and VICE
We created CryptoKitties to explore the concept of digital scarcity and introduce blockchain technology to everyday consumers. We want to shape the future of blockchain. Our team of 30+ world class engineers, designers, and product leads set industry standards and pioneer innovative blockchain advancements, including developing a new type of non-fungible token, ERC-721. Recent funding includes investments from leading firms Andreessen Horowitz
and Union Square Ventures
Our team combines creativity and experience to test new ground in game-making-our mission is to inspire delight with the goal of attracting the first billion consumers to the world of blockchain
games and digital assets.What is DevOps?
At Axiom Zen, the DevOps discipline develops processes, infrastructure, and tools to improve the organization's ability to ship code into production. What we'll accomplish together:
- Designing monitoring solutions to produce insights on speed, performance, reliability, and uptime for developers.
- Working closely with developers to gather research and requirements to architect secure and fault-tolerant operations systems.
- Contributing to building foundational tools and processes to help us accelerate through a period of unprecedented growth. A fundamental challenge will be balancing large-scale security needs with fast-moving projects and team members.
- Exploring the latest developments in the DevOps field to collaborate on establishing a reliable and innovative stack.
- Having the opportunity to continually test infrastructure for a diverse portfolio of projects, ranging from small-scale experiments to industry-defining products.
- Partnering with the team to unlock automation challenges while exploring opportunities in scaling-particularly in the world of blockchain technology.
Our ideal candidate:
- Explore emerging tech: You'll get the chance to work with emerging technologies and learn best practices from some of the world's top software engineers.
- Custom-built tools: Our engineering team thrives on solving user problems with the latest tools and techniques ( some of which we've built ourselves!). Axioms hail from startups and tech leaders like Google, Apple, Baidu, EA, and Microsoft.
- Cutting-edge technology: we build our tools on top of industry leading platforms like Kubernetes to ensure our sites and services are reachable around the clock, scaling projects like CryptoKitties from 20 to 20,000 users across 4 continents in a matter of weeks.
- Diversity is often interpreted as only a single thing-here, it means diversity of thought, education, skills, and background, with no hard limits. To fit in here, you have to stand out everywhere else.
- We're ambitious, innovative, and collaborative people eager to tackle evolving challenges and shape the future.
- Results drive brilliant people. We don't waste time looking busy: we optimize for impact, not effort.
- Our team shares a deep desire to constantly improve, professionally and personally.
- We offer amazing benefits! We want Axioms to be happy and thriving, and that's why we offer a competitive salary, unlimited vacation, holistic initiatives, an active speakers budget… and more !
Bonus points for the following:
- An understanding of system architectures, including distributed systems and high-availability designs.
- Familiarity with container technologies (any of docker, rkt, systemd-nspawn).
- You live and breathe the command line. You can navigate comfortably inside any Linux system.
- The constant drive to keep up to date with the latest technologies-you get excited about pushing the boundaries of what's possible.
- The fire and hunger for continuous improvement and learning.
More about CryptoKitties:
- Experience with a container orchestration system (any of Kubernetes, Swarm, Mesos).
- Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment systems.
- Experience with PaaS or IaaS providers (Heroku, AWS, GCE).
- Network Security interest or experience.
At CryptoKitties we recruit the best and foster an environment that enables our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
We offer compensation commensurate with the high level of talent we seek, extensive benefits, and flexible time off policy.
Posted: November 17, 2018
Closes: January 16, 2019