IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our client in the Lower Mainland.
Why work with our client?
- Industry leading organization with a global presence
- Undergoing technology upgrades and refresh projects
- Strong company culture and high employee retention rates
- Excellent career advancement opportunities
- Work with the engineering team to design and build an auto-scalable, resilient and fault tolerant infrastructure as a code running containerized microservice applications for our Web and Mobile platforms
- Develop pipelines as a code to for automated software delivery from Development through Testing and Production environments while achieving CI/CD, rolling and blue-green deployments
- Select and implement Open Source software and frameworks to design solutions that seamlessly integrate infrastructure and application
- Leverage monitoring, logging, reporting and analytics tools to analyze and troubleshoot complex problems while delivering 24/7/365 truly global e-Commerce generating over 2 Billion in online revenue
- Utilize innovative technologies to continually define and refine our technical practices and toolsets, while proposing new ideas and solutions
- Collaborate with front- and back-end Dev, QA, UX, Product and other practices in a cross-functional team following Agile (Scrum & Kanban) methodologies to deliver technical solutions to complex problems
Top Skills Required
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with containers and orchestration, e.g. Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience in configuration management and provisioning, using Ansible and Terraform
- Experience with CI/CD, SCM and build deployment automation tools, using Jenkins, Git and Maven
- Experience in monitoring tools and aspects of optimizing an entire stack, e.g. Prometheus, ELK, Dynatrace
- Seasoned Linux professional with understanding of Apache, Tomcat, Solr, Zookeeper, Kafka
- Working knowledge of web technologies and protocols e.g. HTTP, REST, JSON, SOAP, XML
- Working knowledge of DB query language and automation, e.g. SQL, Liquibase
Why work with us?
- IT/IQ has consistently been one of the top three vendor’s year over year since 2010
- We provide excellent access to key hiring managers, which other agencies may not have access to
- When hiring managers are reviewing resumes, they will review the resumes from the agencies that have previously proven themselves and can be trusted
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.