DevOps Engineer Position Overview Aon Hewitt has announced BCAA as a 2018 Canadian Gold Level Best Employer
If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to build your career, then you've landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Go the extra mile and share our vision to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia, absolutely famous for doing the right thing. Business & IT Solutions BCAA
is hiring for a regular full-time IT DevOps Engineer
with 4 years automation experience and developing infrastructure as code. The candidate should have a strong background in API's, complex integration development. IT Solutions What is the status?
Regular Full-Time What are the hours?
35 hours per week How many positions?
1 What BCAA offers you:
It's not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being announced as a Platinum Best Employer for 2019 and Top 50 Employers for Young People - 2015.
•Great compensation packages, including bonus
•We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members offering, Automotive Apprenticeship and Leadership Development programs.
•We have an amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
•Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
•We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
•We are an equal opportunity employer that's committed to accessible, inclusive employment. Key Responsibilities Include
• Develop and support automated, scalable solutions to manage our global infrastructure
• Implement effective CI/CD processes and pipelines
• Build integrations between services to create fully automated processes
• Maintaining and improving functionality of automation tools for infrastructure provisioning, configuration, and deployment
• Document and train Operations teams to support new deployments
• Support the business development lifecycle (Business Development, Capture, Solution Architect, Pricing and Proposal Development)
• Identify opportunities to optimize current solutions and perform technical analysis and execute "hands on" tasks, troubleshoot problems related to poorly performing systems in DevOps environments. Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 5+ years working primarily in a role automating environment, creation and application deployment with experience in the following areas:
• Linux System
• Scripting (BASH, Perl, Ruby, PowerShell, Python)
• Automation (CloudFormation, Ansible, Chef, Salt)
• CI/CD Tools, primarily Jenkins
• Developing in Jenkins and Groovy
• Deployment and support of containers (including server-less) such as Docker, Kubernetes
• Java, Maven, Node.js development
• Artifact repositories such as Artifactory or Nexus
• Familiarity with Continuous Integration and development pipeline processes
• Strong knowledge of AWS SDK and development experience with one of the programming languages - Java, .Net
• Prior success in automating a real-world production environment.
• Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewalling.
• Strong knowledge with Web Services, API Gateways and application integration development and design
• Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
• Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
• Experience with revision control source code repositories
• Knowledge of containerization in AWS (AWS EKS, ECS)
• Knowledge of agile software development practices and release management
• Thorough understanding of Cloud Computing: virtualization technologies, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and Software as a Service Cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff. Background Check
• Must successfully pass a background check, which may include a criminal, credit, and credential check. Division
CIO Job Status
Regular Full Time (RFT) Location Name
Head Office (Burnaby) Location Name
Burnaby Compensation & Benefits Overview
At BCAA, we offer competitive compensation packages and excellent career advancement opportunities. To find out more, ask the hiring managers during your interview. PLEASE NOTE: ALL SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE BACKGROUND CHECKS, WHICH MAY INCLUDE CRIMINAL, CREDIT, CREDENTIAL & REFERENCE CHECKS.