IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking a Development Manager to join our client in the Lower Mainland.
Why work with our client?
- An enterprise organization that provides global retailers web based, desktop, kiosk and mobile applications.
- Recognized as one of Canada’s top 100 Employers for 2019.
- Offers a fun and cool office environment. It is also pet friendly.
- Ensures development methodologies, standards, practices, templates, and governance are maintained to industry standards.
- Works closely with Architects to develop and monitor technical strategies
- Ensuring code reviews are done and overseeing development best practices
- Day to Day in depths awareness of projects and technical issues
- Works with teams in the creation and compliance of our Client’s development standards and processes.
- Facilitates project completion by removing roadblocks and working through solutions with the management team.
- Reviews lessons learned and project and portfolio metrics, looking for trends and areas of improvement.
- Identifies root causes relating to development processes and methodologies and escalates to the enterprise architect.
- Helps to create and the outsourcing team(s)’s structure and ability ensuring alignment of work to roadmap.
- Helps to prioritize feasibility analysis for potential projects.
- Works alongside the Client Delivery Manager and Operations Manager by assisting with estimation and resource planning high-risk or complex projects.
- Educates and influences the development organization to continuously improve key project and development processes.
- Willingness to dive into software environments and technical issues
- Recruitment, performance management and coaching/mentoring of all developers within team.
Top Skills Required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field Must have 7 plus years' experience in (web)-application development utilizing C#.NET in Visual Studio with minimum of 5 years in a management position with large teams.
- Must have at least 10 plus years’ experience working through the design, development, release cycle, and delivering software products to market
- A proven record of successful delivery of software applications as an individual, team leader and/or development manager
- 7+ years' experience in relational database development utilizing Microsoft SQL Server
- 7+ years' experience with software version management systems (e.g. Perforce) and task/bug tracking software (e.g. JIRA)
- 5+ years working in an Agile / SCRUM development environment
- Experience with technologies such as MVC, ORM, IOC, etc.
- Excellent understanding of and some experience using Test Driven Development.
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design patters and pragmatic programming principles.
- Expertise with MSMQ considered a strong asset.
- Experience with high-performance, scalable enterprise systems would be a strong asset.
- Real experience (at least 5 years') with large design efforts, enterprise level deployment, and n-tier architecture.
- Proven track record successfully mentoring other developers in .NET technology and code quality.
- Experienced in dealing directly with an executive team with the ability to communicate effectively in presentations
- Excellent English communication skills, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated Leadership skills
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.
Keywords: ITIQ IT-IQ