143398 Work Area:
Software-Design and Development Expected Travel:
0 - 10% Career Status:
Professional Employment Type:
Regular Full Time
#cloudjobsYVR COMPANY DESCRIPTION
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP BusinessObjects Cloud (BOC) combines all analytics capabilities – including business intelligence (BI), planning, predictive analytics, data visualization, and digital boardroom tools – in a single cloud-based solution. It gives everyone from frontline workers to execs the power to find new insights and take action, anytime, anywhere.
The BOC organization is looking for senior leaders to help with our next generation cloud-based Analytics platform. Particularly, we are looking for an experienced senior manager that will lead a team dedicated to building a UI extensibility and embedding framework. Our goal is to enable state-of-the-art embedding and integration of SAP BusinessObjects Cloud with SAP and third party products. As the leader of this team, you have the opportunity to accelerate the innovation of SAP BusinessObjects Cloud and actively shape the ecosystem around it. In addition to leading the team to deliver the best results, you are expected to be a highly technical leader experienced in web programming languages and frameworks. With your knowledge and experience, you will provide guidance to solve complex technical problems and push the boundaries of our technology and innovation.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
The successful candidate will lead a cross functional development team. Because we work on the cutting edge, we need someone who is eager to learn, results-oriented, resourceful in getting things to work and productive working independently or collaboratively. You are expected to:
- Ultimately be accountable for the quality, experience, readiness and timely delivery of all features produced by your team.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of sound software engineering principles and best practices for development. Be capable of driving projects end to end.
- Everyone, including management, is close to the code and making technical contributions - including contributing to design, coding, testing, systems setup, …
- Be knowledgeable in analytics so that you can effectively participate in requirements definition.
- Enable quality excellence within product units through test techniques, process, frameworks and tools
- Lead a team of developer/test experts in multi-technology environment:
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a high performance team
- Manage the lifecycle of employees – e.g. recruiting/retaining, developing/guiding/motivating, managing performance
- Ensure ongoing communication of company/org messages, objectives, goals and strategy into own team
- Work closely/collaborate across roles, functions and teams, as well as with colleagues in other countries and also customers/partners when needed.
- Able to understand and play an active role in all aspects of the development process (of both new and existing applications and functionality)
- Stay current on technology and understand how it may fit into or advance our strategic direction
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- University degree in Computer Science (or related subject)
- Excellent people management skills, strong dedication to people development and mentoring
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Create project and execution plans, factoring in essential elements like monitoring and steering.
- Manage critical situations and their impact on business deliverables
- Team player with outstanding interpersonal skills and a high degree of personal initiative
- Flexible to changing priorities and requirements with flexibility to react on new challenges and opportunities
- Ability to encourage innovation and foster a high-energy and focused environment
- Develop, monitor, and optimize the digital funnel using metrics and technologies
- Identify and define a targeted audience strategy and a messaging approach
- Create an environment of continuous learning and improvement, where people actively seek to coach and help with team and peer development
- Multiyear experience in software development and architecture with proven technical skills; experience in building SDK, extensibility and partner enablement frameworks is very beneficial
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
- 5+ years of work experience as a manager in BI, Analytics and/or enterprise performance management
- 5+ years of practical project experience that cover a variety of scenarios
- Prior experience in delivering cloud software is strongly desired
- Prior experience with applications on HCP, Amazon or Cloud Foundry is strongly desired
- Prior experience working on embedding solutions into other applications
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected]
or [email protected]
, APJ: [email protected]
, EMEA: [email protected]
). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: Job Segment:
Analytics, Cloud, Informatics, Data Analyst, Developer, Management, Technology, Data