Development Manager - Back-End
Canada Drives is changing Car Buying in Canada! Be at the forefront of the biggest disruption in car shopping in our lifetime. For the first time ever, Canadians have the power to buy their next vehicle completely online! Be an important part of the team that builds the technology that provides customers with a 100% online purchase experience--from start to finish--including delivery right to their door!
Canada Drives is a young, dynamic, and fast-growing company. We work with dealerships and finance partners across Canada to ensure that every customer, regardless of bad credit or no credit, has access to the auto financing they need. As a company, we are growing steadily and, we want you to join our growing team! We're looking for a talented senior software developer who has a passion for coding, and a talent for mentoring leading and developing other developers in order to drive forward the various products offered by Canada Drives!
NOTE - This is a remote, full-time permanent, work-from-home position and is open to all applicants from across Canada who are legally entitled to work in Canada.
What you will be doing:
- Working closely with our Development Director on development processes
- Focusing on metrics that matter for the team
- Hands-on development, jumping into the codebase and contributing as required
- Guiding, coaching, and mentoring our backend development team
- Working alongside our Lead Developers to conduct frequent team 1:1s
- Assisting with recruitment efforts as we grow our backend team
- Working closely with Product, Salesforce, QA, Design, PMs, and DevOps teams on various projects
- Improving our CI/CD pipeline
- Contributing to our technical scoping sessions based on requirements provided by our Product team
- Conveying company vision/goals to the development team
What you should already have:
- 3 years+ experience as a Software Development Manager in a product/sass based environment
- Strong team management skills
- Good experience in our stack: PHP/Laravel, AWS Lambda (Python/Node), Vue/Nuxt, RDS, elastic search, Docker, serverless/SAM frameworks, Jenkins
- An understanding of what makes a good API (we use both REST and GraphQL)
- A deep understanding of git, and how it ties into release management (ie: gitflow)
- A deep understanding of CI/CD and how to achieve automated/reliable dev/staging/prod deployments for the team
- Experience working in an agile environment with a set release cadence
- Not required, but experience in the e-commerce space, including shopping cart APIs, payment gateways, etc. would be a plus