Development Lead, Information Systems (Salesforce)
Job ID GRDV441 Job Location CA-BC-Vancouver Job Type Permanent Full-Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, supervision, eDiscovery, and analytics for the global financial sector. We deliver services to 23,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports email, instant messaging, Bloomberg®, Thomson Reuters, social media, mobile messaging, and more - with mobile, Outlook, and web access.
Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in six other cities across the world, including major financial centers like New York, Chicago, and London.
Over the years, we have won several major awards, including:
- Company of the Year from the BC Tech Association (2016)
- Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014, 2015)
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People (2014)
- Canada's Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013, 2016)
- Canada's Best Managed Companies (2013 - present)
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, we offer invaluable opportunities for doing business with some of the world's largest, most influential firms. Our company is also perfect for those who want to create cool technology using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on mobile.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com
The Development Lead, Information Systems oversees development resources in a small, highly focused team, responsible for developing and supporting solutions on the Salesforce.com's Force.com cloud platform using Salesforce.com's Web Services API's. They ensure that environments are properly managed and monitored in their areas of responsibility including production systems.
They champion the introduction of new technologies, methodologies, development styles and processes to increase overall efficiency. They work with Architects to make sure that technologies chosen by teams are properly evaluated and vetted. The Development Lead will contribute to, and participate in, corporate wide peer learning. Role Responsibilities:
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Lead and delegate tasks to a team of developers and ensure tasks are completed, including personally producing high quality code
- Partner with the Test Lead and Product Manager to define requirements and tasks for the team
- Technical expert on all aspects of the Salesforce platform
- Implement integrations with internal and external systems, using Salesforce API's and other 3rd party API's
- Maintaining and continuously improving the security for Global Relay's use of Salesforce and related systems
- Reviewing upcoming Salesforce Releases for new functionality that could provide benefits to Global Relay
- Prototyping and implementing system changes to provide workflow improvements for Users
- Work as part of collaborative team of stakeholders to translate business needs into highly usable software
- People management for 1 to 3 developers, including performance management and career development
- Help improve the team through code reviews, documentation, and technical guidance
- Automating Information Systems team processes and building on the existing automation framework
- Overseeing the implementation of a proper build, deployment and monitoring pipeline
- Identify and propose strategies around technical problems affecting the team
- Thorough understanding of Salesforce development, configuration and administration, with a proven track record of rapidly building and deploying applications in an Agile environment
- Deep knowledge of Cloud Computing (SaaS, PaaS) and Salesforce.com, including expertise with Apex, Force.com platform API and Salesforce Object Query Language
- Salesforce Platform Developer I Certification
- People management and technical leadership experience, overseeing 1 to 3 developers
- Passion for Test Driven Development
- Experience with any of the following is an asset:
- Business Intelligence software tools such as Pentaho
- Python, Java, or C#
- Salesforce Platform Developer II certification
- Salesforce Administrator certification
Think you're a great fit for this job? Apply today with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document
. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.