Development Lead, Directory Services (C++/C#)
Job ID GRDV445 Job Location CA-BC-Vancouver Job Type Permanent Full-Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, supervision, eDiscovery, and analytics for the global financial sector. We deliver services to 23,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports email, instant messaging, Bloomberg®, Thomson Reuters, social media, mobile messaging, and more - with mobile, Outlook, and web access.
Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in six other cities across the world, including major financial centers like New York, Chicago, and London.
Over the years, we have won several major awards, including:
- Company of the Year from the BC Tech Association (2016)
- Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014, 2015)
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People (2014)
- Canada's Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013, 2016)
- Canada's Best Managed Companies (2013 - present)
- Technology Fast 50 Leadership (2014, 2018)
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, we offer invaluable opportunities for doing business with some of the world's largest, most influential firms. Our company is also perfect for those who want to create cool technology using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on mobile.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com .
The Development Lead, Directory Services oversees development resources in a small, highly focused team, responsible for delivering directory synchronization systems. They ensure that environments are properly managed and monitored in their areas of responsibility including production systems. They champion the introduction of new technologies, methodologies, development styles and processes to increase overall efficiency. They work with Architects to make sure that technologies chosen by teams are properly evaluated and vetted. The Development Lead will contribute to, and participate in, corporate wide peer learning. Role Responsibilities:
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Lead and delegate tasks to a team of developers and ensure tasks are completed
- Initiate and produce design artifacts and spikes
- Assist developers in completing their tasks
- Oversee the implementation of proper build and deployment pipeline
- Oversee the implementation of proper monitoring pipeline
- Own APIs to the components managed by other teams
- Own the strategy and implementation of performance testing
- People management for 1 to 3 developers, including performance management and career development
- Provide feedback on:
- System architecture relating to features being worked on
- Requirements relating to the features being worked on
- Defect reports and test plans relating to the features being worked on
- Test automation strategy
- Help improve the team through code reviews, thorough documentation, and technical guidance
- Identify and propose strategies around technical problems affecting the team
- Work with the QA staff to determine and prioritize the requirements for test automation
- 5+ years of C++ and C# development experience, building multi-threaded applications and services in an Agile environment
- 2+ years of people management experience, overseeing 1 to 3 Developers
- Experience building integrations with directory services (Active Directory, Azure Directory Services, LDAP etc).
- Passion for Test Driven Development
- Understanding of network protocols such as HTTP, TLS, TCP
- API development experience in service and resource-oriented architectures
- Experience with large complex databases and data quality and lifecycle issues
- Experience with any of the following is an asset:
- Core Java
- Continuous integration systems
- Windows security in an Enterprise environment
- Installation and deployment technology (MSI, Ansible, Puppet etc.)
Think you're a great fit for this job? Apply today with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document
. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Software and Programming