Development Lead, Data Acquisition (C#)
Job ID GRDV423 Job Location CA-BC-Vancouver Job Type Permanent Full-Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, supervision, eDiscovery, and analytics for the global financial sector. We deliver services to 23,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports email, instant messaging, Bloomberg®, Thomson Reuters, social media, mobile messaging, and more - with mobile, Outlook, and web access.
Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in six other cities across the world, including major financial centers like New York, Chicago, and London.
Over the years, we have won several major awards, including:
- Company of the Year from the BC Tech Association (2016)
- Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014, 2015)
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People (2014)
- Canada's Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013, 2016)
- Canada's Best Managed Companies (2013 - present)
- Technology Fast 50 Leadership (2014, 2018)
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, we offer invaluable opportunities for doing business with some of the world's largest, most influential firms. Our company is also perfect for those who want to create cool technology using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on mobile.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com .
The Development Lead, Data Acquisition oversees development resources in a small, highly focused team, responsible for delivering services associated with collecting and converting data from third party systems for consumption by Global Relay's platform. They ensure that environments are properly managed and monitored in their areas of responsibility including production systems. They champion the introduction of new technologies, methodologies, development styles and processes to increase overall efficiency. They work with Architects to make sure that technologies chosen by teams are properly evaluated and vetted. The Development Lead will contribute to, and participate in, corporate wide peer learning. Role Responsibilities:
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Lead and delegate tasks to a team of developers and ensure tasks are completed, including personally producing high quality code for at least 50% of the time
- Initiate and produce design artifacts and spikes detailing approaches for integrating Global Relay's services with third party messaging platforms
- Partner with the Test Lead and Product Manager to define requirements and tasks for the team
- Oversee the implementation of a proper build, deployment and monitoring pipeline
- Own the strategy and implementation of performance testing
- People management for 1 to 3 developers, including performance management and career development
- Help improve the team through code reviews, documentation, and technical guidance
- Identify and propose strategies around technical problems affecting the team
- Work with the Test staff to determine and prioritize the requirements for test automation as well as providing feedback on test plans
- Thorough understanding of C# with a proven track record of rapidly building and deploying integrations with third party systems in an Agile environment
- Java development experience
- Experience building scalable, multi-threaded applications and services
- API development experience in service and resource-oriented architectures
- People management experience, overseeing 1 to 3 developers
- Passion for Test Driven Development
- Understanding of network protocols such as HTTP, TLS, TCP
- Experience with any of the following is an asset:
- Continuous integration systems
- Security in an Enterprise environment
- Installation and deployment technologies such as MSI or Ansible
Think you're a great fit for this job? Apply today with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document
. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.