What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives. The Role:
SAP is looking for a hands-on Cloud architect with a passion for growth in the increasingly important field of cloud. This position focuses on cloud infrastructure engineering as it applies to the SAP analytical cloud platform, its software stack, and the underlying infrastructure. The individual should have a passion for designing and building scalable distributed architecture, have strong software development experience using technologies like Kubernetes, microservice, build packs, service mesh, serverless, CI/CD and have the ability to understand complex legacy SAP systems and adapt them to modern technologies and principals. As a Cloud architect you are responsible for collaborating with other architects and technical leaders on overall technology direction. You will additionally have responsibilities in developing products that are compliant with the architecture that you define. You will have ownership of solution designs, implementations, testing, and delivery with high quality. Responsibilities:
You will ensure that the product architecture is aligned and consistent, part of a product or a specific architecture subject (e.g. integration, software lifecycle).
- Evaluates architecture risks and estimates effort for business case or backlog item, prepares management decisions on these topics.
- Designs and implements software framework, typically related to infrastructure or architecture.
- Translates business and product requirements into technical requirements, models and software architecture.
- Collects and documents requirements and constraints with high impact on the architecture as basis for architectural decisions.
- Is responsible for defining the product's architecture together with implementation team(s), drives alignment of architecture concepts and ensures documentation in architecture concept document(s).
- Identifies opportunities for reuse of architecture concepts or software parts and cross-team synergies.
- Aligns architecture with stakeholders regarding architectural or technical dependencies.
- Supports and advices product owner by ensuring technical and architectural feasibility, readiness, and compliance.
- Is responsible for setting up collaboration with the developers/architects of the product team/implementation team(s) and contributes to all tasks of implementation team/product team.
- Coaches and advises implementation team(s) on all aspects which have impact on the architecture, reviews design documents of implementation teams regarding compliance with ACD and relevant product line guideline.
- Monitors implementation of the architecture concepts together with implementation team.
- Proposes improvements and innovations for implementing a product but also in development processes and methodologies.
- Self-learn new technologies and apply those in the product development in an integrated fashion.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with 10+ years professional experience in Software Development
- Expert in technologies like Kubernetes, build pack, service mesh, serverless, CI/CD, micro services
- Ability to work in an agile development environment and capable of working effectively in cross-cultural global teams
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills, results-oriented, customer-oriented attitude, good strategic and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and appealing manner
We are SAP
- Experience in cloud-based SaaS applications
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together. Our inclusion promise
SAP's culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone - regardless of background - feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com
, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com
, EMEA: Careers@sap.com
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 326626 | Work Area: Software-Development Operations | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations:
Requisition ID: 326626
Posted Date: Sep 23, 2022
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Vancouver, British Columbia, CA, V6B 1A9
Software and Programming Operations and Logistics