Developer – 18 Month Term
Vernon, BC or Remote BC/AB/SK
Reporting to the Lead, Application Development, the Developer’s primary role is to create robust, sustainable solutions to automate business and IT processes. This includes researching, documenting, and applying the best technology for process automation. The role also includes developing integration points into existing applications for automation, interfacing, and integration. This includes WCF, REST API, and any other technologies that are applicable.
The Developer will also assist with the support of the corporate business systems and in the coordination of this support from our internal resources, package vendors and other consultants. The ideal candidate will enjoy being creative and innovative with a drive to improve Business Systems and Technology. Remote workmay be considered.Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in an automation role
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or equivalent work experience
- Experience with the following is considered an asset
- Power Automate (Flow)
- Azure Integration Services (Logic Apps)
- Office 365
- Active Directory
- Software Development with C#
- Direct experience collaborating with internal business stakeholders
- Familiarity with the principles of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) considered an asset
- General knowledge of computer hardware, including desktops, servers, storage, and mobile devices
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by our customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan. And, through our community investment strategy, we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work. Whether we’re providing jobs, volunteering or giving through donations, we work to make our communities stronger and more vibrant through active participation.
When you join Tolko, you’re saying yes to a company that has been built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity they need to build great lives.
We’re more than an industry leader. We’re the place where you succeed as our most valuable resource!We offer:
For more information, check out our latest YouTube video!A Career With Tolko Is More Than A Job
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Diverse opportunities
- An open, innovative culture
- A positive, dynamic work environment
- Technical and leadership training to ensure you work successfully and safely
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
It’s pride in what you do. It’s making a difference every single day, working side-by-side with people you respect.
Explore our opportunities, submit your application, and join a company that works for you, your family, and your community!If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until October 2, 2020.We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn
, and Twitter
to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.