Finning International Inc.Number of Openings:
Reporting to the Solutions Delivery Lead, the Systems Developer role is responsible for delivering improved business functionality and efficiency through the delivery of custom built solutions. This role leverages existing experience in the field to create a high quality and high value system which interacts with both in place legacy systems and newer cloud based systems. They work closely with multiple teams to refine business requirements for new functionality as well as debugging and resolving customer reported issues in a timely fashion.
As one of the most skilled members of the team, a Systems Developer III (Senior Systems Developer) is expected to provide guidance and mentorship to less experienced members of the team.Job Description:
- Work in conjunction with other development teams to design and build software products.
- Implement approved design following industry best practices and with high-quality standards, producing testable results against business requirements.
- Support the development and maintenance of project development guidelines, standards and process narratives for in-scope business functions.
- Drive and take responsibility for the quality of development and delivery.
- Research and assess technology environment and trends for best practices to apply.
- Mentor other team members toward technical expertise.
- 8+ years of experience in software and web development.
- In-depth knowledge of object-oriented design and Microservice architecture design.
- Proficient knowledge of .Net Core, ASP.NET, C# and SQL database
- Experience in developing and deploying web applications and APIs.
- Good understanding of front-end development, including Angular, React, Typescript and CSS.
- Solid understanding and experience with any of the relational databases (SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres etc.).
- Experience in defining data models, designing and implementing ETLs, and leveraging Azure data services.
- Experience with Cloud environments like Microsoft Azure, AWS or Google Cloud.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to partner effectively with teams throughout the organization.
- Post-Secondary degree or equivalent experience in Computing Science, Information Systems Technology, Digital Media and IT.
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.