Company: Finning International Inc.Number of Openings:
Worker Type: Permanent
Position Overview: Reporting to the Solutions Delivery Lead, the Systems Developer role is responsible for delivering improved business functionality and efficiency through the delivery of custom-built solutions. This role leverages existing experience in the field to create a high quality and high-value system which interacts with both in place legacy systems and newer cloud-based systems. They work closely with multiple teams to refine business requirements for new functionality as well as debugging and resolving customer reported issues in a timely fashion.
- Implement new feature requests, producing testable results against business requirements.
- Work in conjunction with other developers to design and build software products.
- Enhance and maintain our application CI/CD pipelines.
- Collaborate with multiple teams of engineers and support integration activities.
- Identify ad troubleshoot system deficiencies.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Stay up to date on new technologies in Cloud computing.
- Documentation of all project-related development.
- Post-Secondary degree or equivalent experience in Computing Science, Information Systems Technology, Digital Media and IT.
- 8+ years' experience building and delivering enterprise software products.
- In-depth knowledge of object-oriented design and design patterns.
- Proficient knowledge of .Net Core, ASP.NET, C# and SQL database.
- Experience in developing and deploying web applications and APIs.
- Experience with Cloud environments like Microsoft Azure, AWS or Google Cloud.
- Experience with AngularJS, React, and Typescript would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of CI/CD using Azure DevOps would be an asset.
- Experience creating and tending to unit tests.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning control tools, such as Git.
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum development methodology.
- Strong communication skills and a positive attitude.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes would be an asset
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.