What UBC is looking for:
We are looking to fill 9 vacant Developer II positions on the IRP Technical Delivery team. This individual will design computer application solutions for existing complex or campus wide computer systems. The incumbent will work collaboratively with the Senior Programmer Analysts.
The incumbent plays an important role in all aspects of the planning, implementation and operation of an enterprise-scale data integration solution for the University of British Columbia that transforms the processes and systems by which data is exchanged between major and minor systems at the university.
Working closely with analysts, technical leads, managers and developers from IRP – Student and UBC IT, from the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) program and sustainment teams, and from the broader IT community, the incumbent, working in concert with the Senior Programmer Analysts, will develop technical solutions, including aspects of the complete development stack including front end development, database, API’s, as necessary, to satisfy the ongoing solution needs of the University and of the University's major ERP programs.
Key attributes of Successful Candidate:
• Experience in designing, developing and implementing medium to large scale software applications and integrations, primarily using Java or Java-based tools to implement SOAP-based web services or RESTful API's.
• Good understanding and experience with front end and backend development methodologies.as well as data modeling, data mapping, data structures, and data integration including the following concepts and technologies: SOA, ETLs, ESBs, MOMs, EAI, enterprise integration patterns, SQL/DDL/DML.
• Strong working knowledge of enterprise application and integration patterns include message-oriented integrations that leverage technologies such as ActiveMQ, JMS and STOMP.
About the program:
UBC has embarked on a multi-year journey to transform its academic and administrative support processes and system environments for the entire UBC community. Following the successful completion of major renewal projects related to UBC’s Human Resources and Finance systems under the Integrated Renewal Program (IRP) in 2020, work is now underway for the next stage of IRP - to renew the Student information ecosystem, anchored by the implementation of Workday Student.
The Integrated Renewal Program – Student (IRP Student) will leverage the industry-leading cloud enterprise solution, Workday, to replace UBC’s current core Student administration systems with a new integrated, user-friendly, mobile-enabled platform. This project has a high degree of complexity, influence, and impact as our solution is designed for the majority of constituents in the UBC community. UBC is one of the first Canadian institutions to implement Workday for this purpose.
For more information on the IRP Student, please visit www.irp.ubc.ca
Why work at UBC?
· UBC is proud to rank 37th globally in the 2022 THE World University Rankings (https://bit.ly/3ywT7dY ).
· UBC is ranked 2nd Best University in Canada
· UBC has been recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers, UBC offers faculty and staff a family-friendly work environment with paid vacation, as well as a comprehensive benefits plan.
· The IRP Student Program has implemented a remote work program, modelled to respect the highly different roles and contexts that exist across UBC.
Accepting applications for qualified candidates with desired start date in January 2022 and February 2022.
If you are interested in the Developer II role, please visit our UBC Staff Career portal to see the full job posting and to apply directly no later than January 28, 2021.
Thank you in advance for your interest and application!
#58 - StickerYou - Redefining Personal Development at Work
About IRP- Student, UBC
UBC has embarked on a multi-year journey to transform its academic and administrative support processes and system environments for the entire UBC community. In November 2020, UBC successfully went...Read More