278120 Work Area:
Software-Design and Development Expected Travel:
0 - 10% Career Status:
Professional Employment Type:
Regular Full TimeCOMPANY DESCRIPTION
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
Do you want to help us build and launch our next generation cloud-based Analytics platform in a fast-paced startup culture that has the muscle and stability of SAP? Are you a passionate coder who wants an opportunity to learn new things while honing your skills using leading edge technologies for Cloud, Big Data, Mobile, SAP HANA (in Memory) and modern Visualization? If so, then this is the right job for you! Help us shape the future.
This role is part of the SAP Analytics Cloud infrastructure team where we work with the latest cloud and networking technologies, such as Cloud Foundry / AWS / Docker / Kubernetes, SAML SSO, OAuth, Microservices etc. We contribute to SAP Analytics Cloud's success by producing software, services and API's that are robust, reliable and scalable. Come join us if you think you can thrive in such an environment, and you have the necessary skills and experience. EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Because we work on the cutting edge, we need someone who is eager to learn, a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things to work and productive working independently or collaboratively. In your average week, you will:
- Collaboratively design new features in a team environment that extends to colleagues in remote locations and from Product Management and User Experience teams.
- Work closely with our engineering and operations team to build, integrate, test and deploy your amazing innovations and algorithms into our production systems.
- Assess new technology projects and tools, or migrate our environment to new versions to keep up with the rapid pace of change.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering
- Cloud Native development technologies and typically used software and architecture on Cloud platforms like AWS, Cloud Foundry, or Azure
- Working knowledge of data structures, algorithms and principles of OO design
- Understanding of databases and web application servers
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently and have a positive self-motivated can-do attitude
- Bonus if you have experience with:
- Building software that must scale to thousands of users concurrently
- Developing RESTful APIs with modern technologies such as NodeJS, Golang
- Working knowledge of Scrum, Test Driven Development, performance testing or data correctness/integrity testing
- Source control systems such as GIT
1-3 years of relevant work experience developing web applications (can include internship or co-op experience) POSITION LOCATION
- This position is located in the Vancouver, BC location.
#cloudjobsyvrWHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now . SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com
, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com
, EMEA: Careers@sap.com
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.Job Segment:
Data Analyst, Analytics, Engineer, Developer, ERP, Data, Management, Engineering, Technology
Apply now »
Software and Programming