270345 Work Area:
Software-Design and Development Expected Travel:
0 - 10% Career Status:
Professional Employment Type:
Regular Full TimeCOMPANY DESCRIPTION
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
The Data Management and Platform Infrastructure organization is looking for people to help with our next generation cloud-based platform. Are you a passionate individual who wants an opportunity to learn new things while honing your skills using leading edge technologies for Cloud, Big Data, Mobile, SAP HANA (in Memory) and modern Visualization? Do you thrive in a team with strong engineers to learn from and where all members of the engineering team, including management are close to the code and making technical contributions? If so, then this is the right job for you! Help us shape the future.
This role is part of the Data Management and Platform Infrastructure organization where we work with the latest cloud and networking technologies, such as Cloud Foundry / AWS / Azure / Docker / Kubernetes / Terraform / Ansible / Packer, SAML SSO, OAuth, Microservices etc. We contribute to SAP Analytics Cloud's success by producing software, services and API's that are robust, reliable and scalable. Come join us if you think you can thrive in such an environment, and you have the necessary skills and experience. EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Because we work on the cutting edge, we need someone who is eager to learn, a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things to work and productive working independently or collaboratively. In your average week, you will:
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Collaboratively design new features in a team environment that extends to colleagues in remote locations and from Product Management and User Experience teams.
- Work closely with our engineering and operations team to build, integrate, test and deploy your amazing innovations and algorithms into our production systems.
- Assess new technology projects and tools or migrate our environment to new versions to keep up with the rapid pace of change.
Bonus if you have experience with:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering
- Cloud Native development technologies and typically used software and architecture on Cloud platforms like AWS, Cloud Foundry, or Azure
- Working knowledge of data structures, algorithms and principles of OO design
- Understanding of databases and web application servers
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently and have a positive self-motivated can-do attitude
- Infrastructure software tools such as Terraform, Ansible, and Packer
- CI/CD pipeline implementation using Jenkins
- Building containerized applications using Kubernetes, Docker
- Building software that must scale to thousands of users concurrently
- Developing RESTful APIs with modern technologies such as NodeJS
- Working knowledge of Scrum, Test Driven Development, performance testing or data correctness/integrity testing
- Source control systems such as GIT
2-4 years of relevant work experience developing web applications (can include internship or co-op experience) LOCATION WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success means different things to different people, so we go to great lengths to ensure that all our employees have every chance to succeed - on their own terms. That’s because we firmly believe that your success leads to ours.
SAP employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits:
• Discount programs
• SAP Lunch On Us program
• Free daily fruit
• Subsidized pop, snacks, salad and more
• Foosball, pool, ping pong tables, and gym on site
Oh, and did we mention you get to work with some of the most influential companies on the planet to revolutionize the world?
#cloudjobsyvr WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now . SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com
, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com
, EMEA: Careers@sap.com
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.Additional Locations
: Job Segment:
Database, Manager, Developer, Engineer, Data Management, Technology, Management, Engineering, Data
Software and Programming