October 25, 2021
Reporting to the Lead, End User Computing, the Desktop Support Technician is responsible for the day-to-day delivery of site support services by providing tier one and tier two support for computer hardware and software. This is a temporary position (12 months).
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone with excellent interpersonal and communication skills; someone who is self-motivated, but collaborates well with a team, and who can deliver training and assistance in a professional and customer service-oriented manner. Outstanding attention to detail, adaptability, and the ability to prioritize contending demands in a fast-paced environment are vital in this role.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Working a compressed workweek with alternating Fridays off, come experience what work life balance is all about! Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Assist staff with the installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, laptops, peripheral equipment, and software within established standards and guidelines
- Work with vendor support, help desk, and network operations staff to resolve client issues, maintaining a history through our ticketing system
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers, and administrative systems
- Coordinate with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software, assessing functional needs to determine specifications for purchases
- Assist in maintaining LAN/WAN records and, as appropriate, telephone systems cable
- Maintain local network policies, practices, security measures, and control documentation
- Deliver training on the operations and functionality of various applications, printers, and systems
- Allocate more sophisticated calls to the relevant IT support member and arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house
- Follow up with internal support providers and third-party service providers until issues are resolved
- Minimum two years of experience in Information Technology within a corporate office technology environment
- Detailed understanding of Windows and Microsoft Office Suite®
- Must be familiar with all components of laptops and desktops and be able to replace peripheral components, perform upgrades and repairs to legacy systems
- Extensive experience with an incident management system
- Knowledge of computer hardware technology, remote diagnostics tools, client/server networking, and telephone systems
- Experience with internet and intranet including email, web-based applications, and internet browsers is desirable
- Familiarity with remote tools such as SMS, Remote Assistance, and Remote Desktop is an asset
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources. Job Segment:
Technical Support, Technician, Temporary, Procurement, Technology, Contract, Mining, Operations