- Desktop Support Specialist
- Windows Support experience required
- Experience with corporate or desktop support for midsize or enterprise companies (ideally supporting 200+ users)
What & Why:
One of our most innovative clients is currently looking for a Desktop Support Specialist to join their team. They offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
The Desktop Support Specialist will provide front-line technical support of Information Technology systems within their corporate offices, and to remote employees. This position will be part of a team supporting and maintaining leading-edge technologies in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Provides primary support for end users of company-wide systems and general support for complex systems.
- Ensures laboratory Windows systems are operating effectively, enabling work tasks and scientific experiments to proceed unencumbered.
- Participates in on-call rotation for support of critical issues during evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Monitors incoming ticket queues and triages tickets as necessary.
- Provide IT support for remote users
- Performs routine and ad-hoc deployment of software and hardware to the desktops
- Installs, configures and tests all software applications using existing installation documentation.
- Assembles, tests, repairs and upgrades new and existing hardware systems in support of Infrastructure projects.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures and Policies. Recommends changes to SOPs and Procedures as needed. Writes instructional documentation as required.
- Monitors and tracks inventory and license levels to ensure adequate supplies are on hand. Completes acquisition of new supplies and licenses as necessary.
- Provisions workstations for new hires and completes on-boarding orientation.
- Fosters effective and collaborative working relationships with fellow employees, management and external partners/vendors.
- Reads pertinent literature to improve technical knowledge and maintain awareness and understanding of developments related to current or anticipated projects and/or product
- Evaluates existing information technology for effectiveness and suitability. Provides recommendations to IT management and remediates as deemed necessary.
- Liaises with team leaders and lab manager, as necessary, to ensure deliverables within laboratory environment are met.
- Manages user accounts, permissions, backups, resource usage, building access etc.
Our client is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics, initially focused on the treatment of cancer.
You will bring the following education, skills and experience to the role:
- A technical diploma in a related discipline is preferred with a minimum of 3 years' experience in an IT end-user/desktop support role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical certifications preferred
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users.
- 3 or more years' experience with end-user support of Windows and Apple OSX workstations in a corporate environment.
- Understanding of networking principles and technologies
- Experience with Information Technology in a research laboratory setting
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict confidentiality on matters that require discretion.
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.