NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a Deskside Technician to join our team in Kamloops, British Columbia (CA-BC), Canada (CA).
The Deskside Technician resolves technical problems escalated from the service desk. The position functions in a high-volume environment with diverse and high impact problems. Services are delivered 24 X 7, must be flexible to shift and on call as needed. This position requires valid driver's license and reliable transportation via personal vehicle - not public transportation.
The individual will be responsible for the following:
• Receives, reviews, and completes service requests.
• Resolves technical problems escalated from the Service Desk. Resolves the more difficult, technically challenging, or time-consuming problems that Level 1 agents are not able to resolve.
• Installs and configures a variety of computer hardware and software, communications and peripheral devices.
• Works independently when required, to identify underlying technical issues and resolve problems using appropriate knowledge and resources available.
• Provides preliminary or routine instruction to customers in systems, applications and protocols.
• Alerts Manager to current or potential problems with systems, applications, or customer service requirements.
• Provides feedback to Manager on processes and procedures, current or potential problems with client systems and applications, and customer service issues.
• Must regularly lift machinery, tools, supplies and equipment weighing up to 20 kg.
•Minimum of 2 years of hands on Deskside Support
•Minimum of 2 years of Hardware and Software Support Experience
•High School Diploma or Equivalent
•Previous Customer Support Experience
•Understanding of the fundamentals of operating systems, networks and network security, desktop administration, upgrades, techniques, tools, and equipment.
Undergraduate Degree or some college coursework About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100. NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, age, veteran-status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other class protected by law. Job Segment:
Technician, Consulting, Cloud, Technology