Traction on Demand is looking for a senior level Design Lead
. Your design thinking has evolved beyond the traditional role of Graphic Design to become an advocate of designing for what's next. To you, words like Carbon, Material, Fluent, Lightning and Atomic mean something more and you are excited by the opportunity to name your own.
You will inspire a growing design team toward a more human-centric methodology. And together, establish the design principles that guide our people, processes and product interfaces.
Traction on Demand's hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here's what we mean by that: Culture
Culture at Traction on Demand isn't about drinking beer and playing ping-pong - it's much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don't just sit on a glossy page. We live by them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are - do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand - you've got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just "git 'r done." Skills
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
What You Will Be Doing
- 5+ years of professional Graphic Design experience 2+ years creating for and delivering into social, interactive and emerging platforms 2+ years experience designing with HTML 5
- A conceptual thinker that can translate ideas into innovative and crafted design
- Clear communicator with exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively. Strategic thinker, comfortable ideating high-level concepts as well as coming up with detailed design executions.
If you're interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we'll reach out to you if we are interested in moving forward.
- Assist the Art Director/Creative Director in establishing visual tone, character, and messages that will effectively communicate with the target audience and fulfill the project objectives
- Ensures compatibility of design and functionality for optimum marketing and communication value
- Responsible for the proper and accurate position of every pixel for all deliverables
- Constantly explores online design innovations and groundbreaking media techniques that may enhance a client's marketing message
- Work daily with the Art Director and/or Project Manager to ensure all deliverables and deadlines are met within timeline
- Seek approvals from Art directors on all work before delivery to cross-functional channel partners.
- Participate in brainstorms.
- Assist in developing presentation materials for business development projects.
- Collaborate with other creative staff to share learning and experience and to establish initiatives that will improve our creative vision
- Contribute to overall office morale, spirit, character and work quality.
- Love working in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we're about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology - Salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world's largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Traction on Demand
Sales and Marketing