is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable LANGLEY, BC The Opportunity: WSP
is currently seeking a Design Engineer/Technologist to join our Infrastructure group, located at our Langley office. Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager, this position will work on Land Development projects for municipal, institutional, residential, commercial and industrial projects. You will apply your experience on preliminary engineering, earthworks, site servicing, field inspections, proposal development, project management, and other related activities. Why WSP?
•We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion
•Our Flexible Work Policy
- we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
success story - we're proud
to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your
ideas and trying new
•A phenomenal collaborative
culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people
who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey. We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAre WSP A day in the life:
• Preliminary design;
• Site grading / earthworks calculations;
• Detailed Design of roadworks and site servicing including water supply systems, sanitary sewers, stormwater management, lot grading, streetlighting and erosion and sediment control during construction;
• Utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D knowledge in projects from concept to completion;
• Contract Administration; and
• Other duties as assigned. What sets you apart ...
• An undergraduate degree in civil engineering from an accredited university or a iploma in Civil Engineering Technology or Engineering Design and Drafting;
• 3+ years of progressive experience in the design of land development and municipal infrastructure projects;
• High attention to detail. Highly motivated, hardworking and enthusiastic team player;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a flexible attitude are a must;
• Capable of working independently.
• Experience with all levels of municipal government, construction contractors and developers;
• Experience with AutoCAD and Civil3D as well as municipal infrastructure modelling software is an asset; and
• Excellent written and verbal communications, and presentation skills.
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment.
You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Creative and Graphic Design Engineering